Just recieved my new medical, expires next month?

C

Confused

I just received my new medical, I have a special issuance so my last one was only good for a year. I submitted all the requested documentation so they would have it at least 60 days prior to the expiration of my current medical. Basically, my new medical expires the same day as the old one and I have the same message about submitting medical tests ect at least 60 days prior to the expiration. Is this a typo by the FAA or am I no longer eligible after the expiration date?

Why not call and ask, rather than asking us?
I'm just curious if it's common for mistakes to happen with medical certificates or if I'm missing something. I also have a flight on Sunday and would prefer not to waste my pennies on flight training if there's reason to believe I won't have a medical for long enough to complete my PPL.

Why not just basic med now. Once SI is issued then basic med is doable. There are numerous post on POA on this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommar98 nails it.

Unless you plan to fly airplanes with more than 6 seats, heavier than 6,000 pounds gross weight, faster than 250 knots, or higher than 18,000 feet, or want to get a commercial rating and fly for hire, just let the SI expire and do BasicMed.

Why not just basic med now. Once SI is issued then basic med is doable. There are numerous post on POA on this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winner winner chicken dinner

Tommar98 nails it.

Unless you plan to fly airplanes with more than 6 seats, heavier than 6,000 pounds gross weight, faster than 250 knots, or higher than 18,000 feet, or want to get a commercial rating and fly for hire, just let the SI expire and do BasicMed.

Maybe the OP wants to be able to go to Canada or Mexico.

Maybe the OP wants to be able to go to Canada or Mexico.
True, but AOPA is working on that. BasicMed is good for the Bahamas.
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2017/december/21/breakthrough-year-for-basicmed

Already allowing sport pilots, the Bahamas' recent acceptance of BasicMed will let thousands more aviators venture to the island getaway.

Though there’s been great success with third class medical reform, the work is not yet over. AOPA continues to encourage Canada and Mexico to allow U.S.-based BasicMed pilots to fly there...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back