Just Moved to the SF Bay Area

There are only 7 days in a week. Match dot com is exhausting. You try going out on a zillion first dates. Wears you down after a few months.

Did the boyfriend not work out?

If so, there are a lot of guys in aviation. Seems like something should turn up.

Hmm, that sounds like an interesting business prospect. A dude ranch.

I can harvest dudes, and ship them overseas to rich Asian women. And Kimberly. Heck, I'll put it in Novato. She could just walk the field like it's a pumpkin patch and pick out her own. That would have to be on some sort of flat fee basis though. On one hand I don't incur shipping costs but on the other hand she gets first dibs on prime USDA approved men.

Returns would be on a prorated basis though.

Hmm, that sounds like an interesting business prospect. A dude ranch.

I can harvest dudes, and ship them overseas to rich Asian women. And Kimberly. Heck, I'll put it in Novato. She could just walk the field like it's a pumpkin patch and pick out her own. That would have to be on some sort of flat fee basis though. On one hand I don't incur shipping costs but on the other hand she gets first dibs on prime USDA approved men.

Returns would be on a prorated basis though.

Charge per inch.

LOL - hot girl having a hard time finding a good date.

*shakes head*

Nick, I'm actually surprised at the quality of people out there. Therefore they get a second or even third date. But often, after the first month or two, they start to share the "secret" stuff they were hiding from you and you dump them. It is tough being a grown up and knowing what I do and don't want in a - gasp - husband - and refusing to settle just because I'm lonely.

Did the boyfriend not work out?

If so, there are a lot of guys in aviation. Seems like something should turn up.

For the one millionth time, I have an anti pilot dating rule. I'm not going to be the girl that gets passed around at the airport. I've spent several years now showing up, volunteering with everything from the local pilots association to young eagles to air shows to scrubbing planes. The last thing I want is to smear my reputation.

With pilots, you EARN their respect by proving you're going to be around for a while, you're not there to get a free flight, and you truly do love aviation just as much as they do.

And for God's sake don't kiss anyone.

Why don't you be more conventional and troll a bar or a gym?

Dude I thought I told you I bought a treadmill and put it together in my 287 square foot apartment just to avoid all the woman hunters at the gym who would get on the treadmill behind me. That and I had to wait until midnight to go to even get a machine without a wait.

Dude I thought I told you I bought a treadmill and put it together in my 287 square foot apartment just to avoid all the woman hunters at the gym who would get on the treadmill behind me. That and I had to wait until midnight to go to even get a machine without a wait.

Okay then what do you think about my "dude ranch" idea?

I'm not hiding.

I just prefer airplanes in the flesh.

(Rather than airplanes on the internet.)

Plus being single I've been busy.

If and when I settle down I might have more time for the interwebs.

Oh and if I was rich I wouldn't need 2 jobs to pay the rent on my 297 square foot studio apartment with DROP CEILING (ex-warehouse).

Who are you and what did you do with OUR Kimberly?

I mean OUR Kimberly made...like...over a 1000 posts in her first 6 weeks here!!

To say "have more time for the interwebs" just isn't like her...no...

Who are you?

Who are you and what did you do with OUR Kimberly?

I mean OUR Kimberly made...like...over a 1000 posts in her first 6 weeks here!!

To say "have more time for the interwebs" just isn't like her...no...

Who are you?

Alright, alright - you got me . . . .

I stuffed her into the baggage compartment . . .

She didn't scream too much.

NIys9Rw.jpg

For the one millionth time, I have an anti pilot dating rule. I'm not going to be the girl that gets passed around at the airport. I've spent several years now showing up, volunteering with everything from the local pilots association to young eagles to air shows to scrubbing planes. The last thing I want is to smear my reputation.

With pilots, you EARN their respect by proving you're going to be around for a while, you're not there to get a free flight, and you truly do love aviation just as much as they do.

And for God's sake don't kiss anyone.

I used to have a similar rule about dating coworkers. I found that I was actually turning away too many perfect women just because I worked with them.

I broke with the rule, has a few nasty, bad idea dates, and re-instituted the policy again. After I left that job, I met my wife, whom I had worked with, but didn't know it. In hindsight, I would have been much happier if I started dating her when we worked together.

In other words - rules that exclude a portion of the population are dumb. Don't want to be the Airport Pass-Around girl, don't go out and **** the entire flight line. But if someone happens to be a really good fit for you, and they're a pilot (FYI - its quite possible that as a pilot yourself, you'd get along GREAT with another pilot), turning them down based on that will lead to a life of loneliness, and certainly feels more like "settling" than dating a dude with some issues is.

Unsolicited advice done.

I used to have a similar rule about dating coworkers. I found that I was actually turning away too many perfect women just because I worked with them.

I broke with the rule, has a few nasty, bad idea dates, and re-instituted the policy again. After I left that job, I met my wife, whom I had worked with, but didn't know it. In hindsight, I would have been much happier if I started dating her when we worked together.

In other words - rules that exclude a portion of the population are dumb. Don't want to be the Airport Pass-Around girl, don't go out and **** the entire flight line. But if someone happens to be a really good fit for you, and they're a pilot (FYI - its quite possible that as a pilot yourself, you'd get along GREAT with another pilot), turning them down based on that will lead to a life of loneliness, and certainly feels more like "settling" than dating a dude with some issues is.

Unsolicited advice done.

Funny, since you wrote this I have been contacted by a pilot (and AP). Yay. I might meet him on Memorial Day weekend. Hooray. But - he is from far away. So probably not wise. Well, you only live once. Worst case I turn into an SF tour guide and make a new friend.

There are only 7 days in a week. Match dot com is exhausting. You try going out on a zillion first dates. Wears you down after a few months.

When I tried it, the number of people who used way outdated photos on their profiles made me think that there must be a lot of people who enjoy going on first dates.

Why don't you be more conventional and troll a bar or a gym?

Match.com sucks. I met my current girlfriend while waiting in line at the grocery store.

Match.com sucks. I met my current girlfriend while waiting in line at the grocery store.

That's what I'm saying. I met my last five girlfriends.... I'm not going there.

The only one that counts was on the Piper Owner Society.

The internet can be a wonderful place to meet people... and more! :D

I'll definitely check them out. My fiancé and I just signed a lease for a place in San Francisco. I'm looking for a good "stick and rudder" instructor to continue my training as well as a flying club to get involved with. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated!

Jesse, how is the move going? We have a group of local pilots who gets together every month or three. If you find a plane you can fly out - or - perhaps in the meantime - tag along with someone or drive your car. You said you were looking to get plugged in to the local pilot community.

Try here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57346

And here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56688

To see what we've been up to.

There is also a meetup group.

Last edited:
Back