Just Got Back from Scottsdale.......

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
...... and while there got to fly in Warren MacIlvoy's nice 182. We went from Deer Valley > Flagstaff > Sedona > Deer Valley. The trip back to Maine took longer ----- U-Haul truck all across I40E from Flagstaff, into New Mexico, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, others, Tennessee and Virginia before a deer
deposited itself in my space. Truck careened across the grassy median, over a drainage unit and slammed left-side against the guard rails of the Southern lanes(I was headed North). Not a scratch -- on me. The truck? Not so good; I got transferred to a 24' unit because they didn't have a 17' version. Photos, later. It was an interesting 11 days, though not a pleasure trip.

HR

Lawrestonbefore a deer deposited itself in my space. It was an interesting 11 days said:
Glad you're ok, did you swerve to avoid the deer, or did the impact change the direction of the truck?

Bill Jennings said:
Glad you're ok, did you swerve to avoid the deer, or did the impact change the direction of the truck?

Deer has not been in evidence, post accident. I swerved to avoid. Strangely, the right outside rear tire had a 2.5" hole in its sidewall, but there was no damage to the right side of the vehicle. There is suspicion that a blowout may have occurred at the same time as the deer incident, thereby contributing to the direction of travel. State trooper said deer are out in packs, lately; four other deer/vehicle accidents in the prior week.

HR

Glad you're alright, harley.

Funny thing: Once, during a lengthy road-trip, I swerved to avoid hitting a purple Chicano Jesus.

That's when I stopped to rest a while.

SCCutler said:
Funny thing: Once, during a lengthy road-trip, I swerved to avoid hitting a purple Chicano Jesus.

For crying out loud, Skip, you owe me a new keyboard!! :rofl:

SCCutler said:
Glad you're alright, harley.

First question the trooper asked me: "Did you fall asleep?"
"Hell, no; bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Just refueled, rested, and snacked 20 miles or so back in Bristol, Virginia.
Speaking of resting, I left Marion, VA(in the newly-supplied 24' U-Haul) at 1530 on Sunday. After going through Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, I arrived home in Maine at 1920 on Monday. That's just short of 28 hours, straight, except for stopping to refuel and/or eat; with one 40 minute visit at a rest area high up in the Pennsylvania Poconos at 0300 Monday. I thought that ascent would never end; and the descent was never-ending. Sure would like to see some of those areas in the daylight. And night-time driving down the long slope approaching Albuquerque is just a panoramic vista of shimmering city lights; would make for a terrific time-exposure image. It's nice to be back, but I'd give anything to be able to again connect with Scottsdale MOM. :eek:( Not to be; but I may have come close back in Virginia.

HR

Back