Just curious

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
Are there any other brother Mason pilots on the board?
If so, would love the opportunity to talk (within the normal bounds of course).

CapeCodJay said:
Putnam Lodgne #146 AF & AM South Woodstock, CT

Hey brother, Centre Star Lodge #409, White's Creek, TN.
If ever in the Nashville area, drop me a line. Our stated meeting is the first Monday of the month with fellowship every Thursday. I'd be happy to have you join us.

We'll we will have to make that happen! I love visiting other lodges!

Ahh... This reminds me of my fraternity days. Do you guys have a secret handshake too? :) j/k

AirBaker said:
Ahh... This reminds me of my fraternity days. Do you guys have a secret handshake too? :) j/k

I don't think they do, but I have it on good authority that they control the government and the dollar bill was designed with a bunch of secret references to them :D

Conspiracy theories are great.

kevin47881 said:
(within the normal bounds of course).

What are "the normal bounds"? Sounds like there are limits to what can be discussed? Can somebody expound on what that statement meant?

Troy Whistman said:
What are "the normal bounds"? Sounds like there are limits to what can be discussed? Can somebody expound on what that statement meant?

Hey Troy, I'll be happy to explain the "normal bounds" statement.
While masons are more than happy to explain the purpose, membership requirements and intent of the craft, we will not discuss what occurs during ceremonies nor will we discuss how we know another we may meet to be a mason.
Other than that, it's pretty much an open book.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
AirBaker said:

Hey Chris, just like your or my college fraternity (Sigma Pi in case you're wondering), masons also have a "secret handshake" to use your verbage.

kevin47881 said:
Hey Chris, just like your or my college fraternity (Sigma Pi in case you're wondering), masons also have a "secret handshake" to use your verbage.

Sigma Pis, good guys at my school. I'm a Beta. One of the few houses we could (mutually) kidnap other members and hold for ransom for...

There was actually a Sigma Pi who certainly could pass for a biological brother of mine if not a twin in a dimly lit room. That in itself made for some interesting pranks. :)

kevin47881 said:
Hey Troy, I'll be happy to explain the "normal bounds" statement.
While masons are more than happy to explain the purpose, membership requirements and intent of the craft, we will not discuss what occurs during ceremonies nor will we discuss how we know another we may meet to be a mason.
Other than that, it's pretty much an open book.
Hope that helps.

As a member of Triangle Fraternity, I get asked all the time if I'm a mason, probably by those who don't have a clue about the things you're talking about (and I only have an outsider's clue). Why? Because our badge is a triangle with (oh boy I can't even remember what it's called - a tool used in old-school civil engineering that looks like the kind of compass used to draw circles) on it which looks very much like the symbol often seen on the side of masonic lodges.

Also, I happen to know that many fraternities share the same grip ("secret handshake"). I know that Phi Mu Alpha has the same grip we do, I know a lot of Sinfonians and apparently our badge is similar to theirs too, so they unwittingly give me their grip, which just happens to match! :D

flyingcheesehead said:
...they unwittingly give me their grip, which just happens to match! :D
There are only so many ways to give a secret handshake. After studying many rituals of sororities and fraternities, there are quite a few that use one grip in particular

Back