Just bought my first plane.

Congrats!! Post some pictures!!

A HUGE can of worms, and $$$! Congrats!

planefront.jpg

planeside1.jpg

planepanel.jpg

Nice LORAN!

:D

This is one of two happiest days of your life, the second one will be the day you sell it!

Congratulations Chris! I think the Cherokee, especially a 160HP is a great choice. I recently bought a Cessna 140 and had to decide between a Cherokee and my 140. The main reason for the 140 is that I ultimately will fly in and out of my pasture so I went with a taildragger. Fuel usage was the other deciding factor for me.

I am going through so much challenge right now in learning the taildragger, I wish I had bought the Cherokee and just forgot about the grass strip.

Have you seen the latest copy of the AOPA magazine. There is a really neat story about the very first Cherokee ever built and it's recent restoration. The article is a 50 year anniversary tribute to the Cherokee.

Enjoy and keep us posted.
Doc

Who stole all the colors from your plane?!?! :D

Just bought a really clean Cherokee 140 with the 160hp stc.
Taking delivery today.
What have I got myself into!? :yikes:

Congrats!! A very safe, stable and easy to fly plane. Simple systems so that should help on the Operation and Maintanence costs. Looks clean and in good condition. Welcome to the world of ownership.

Gary

very very cool! Congrats. You will never look back.

Congratulations on the reasonable choice. I remember how one guy said that Piper Atzec would make a great first airplane for me. Almost believed him :) Also, the 160 model is just fine. Cheap parts, does not burn a lot of gas (well, obviously it's not an LSA, but then it hauls way more than LSA).

Just bought a really clean Cherokee 140 with the 160hp stc.
Taking delivery today.
What have I got myself into!? :yikes:

A lifelong live affair with your first. ;)

Nice bird. I don't know any private owners who have ever said anything disparaging about their Cherokee 140s other than the standard whining about useful load that we all wish for more of no matter what we're flying.

Solid birds. Simple systems. Not breathtakingly expensive to maintain.

Should'a made the other guy pay to remove that LORAN, though. Removal labor hours cost the same price as installation hours. ;)

Nice bird. I don't know any private owners who have ever said anything disparaging about their Cherokee 140s other than the standard whining about useful load airspeed that we all wish for more of no matter what we're flying.

All good points! Buying a plane is easy - KEEPING it is harder!

Gary

CONGRATS!!

Welcome to the world of ownership. Yep, now your stuff will be exactly where YOU left it, the plane is always ready to go and you can feel safe flying since YOU maintain it.

A lifelong live affair with your first. ;)

Nice bird. I don't know any private owners who have ever said anything disparaging about their Cherokee 140s other than the standard whining about useful load that we all wish for more of no matter what we're flying.

Should'a made the other guy pay to remove that LORAN, though. Removal labor hours cost the same price as installation hours. ;)

Removal only takes an allen wrench.

Now you need to go spend time together! Get acquinted!
Fly I 15 south and land at all those smaller airports and make your operation:fly claims and post your photos. Delta, Richfield, Parowan, and Cedar City. You are a lucky guy.

Back