Just a bit firm on the touchdown

Given the amount of snow in recent days, I wonder what the runway conditions were?

I was just stating what was told to me by a preliminary investigation. At the time of the news report it was thought that it was being misreported.

They were doing “training” in the aircraft at the time of the accident. I’m sure in a few days more facts will come out.

It takes a helluva hit to cause the engine supports to break off like that.

As far as flaps up, if they were doing a no flaps landing and got a high sink rate going it would be consistent with what is the result in the pic.

Again, not sure until some more info comes out.

Sounds like it was a takeoff gone bad, not a landing.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=247210
From the cited link:
The aircraft experienced a loss of directional control and subsequent runway excursion during a landing attempt at Davenport Municipal Airport (DVN/KDVN), Davenport, Iowa. The aircraft sustained substantial damage upon impact with snow bank. The right hand engine separated and the propeller contacted the fuselage. The two people onboard were uninjured.
Emphasis mine.

Note the edit history of the ASN article. That ‘landing’ attempt used to say ‘takeoff’ attempt when I posted it.

Like I stated earlier, the initial news reports were probably wrong.

The damage from the pic is more indicative of a landing event.

Anyway, looks like the “training” got a bit out of hand.

Like I stated earlier, the initial news reports were probably wrong.

The damage from the pic is more indicative of a landing event.

Anyway, looks like the “training” got a bit out of hand.
I’m sure you’re right. I don’t have a dog in this fight either way, just posted the article as another viewpoint for discussion. :)

Note the edit history of the ASN article. That ‘landing’ attempt used to say ‘takeoff’ attempt when I posted it.
I see it was edited (very bottom of the page). Although it notes edits were made, I didn't see what changes. My apologies.

Hmmm... looks like a proper landing, airplane just not strong enough.

No, not biased by my carrier background. Just sayin...

Insofar as no flap, it is a scenario that seems more likely to lead to that sort of thing for a number of reasons.

Back