Jump plane pilot jumps from plane..

Strange must've been really messed up? My instructor had me land with a "stuck" elevator using only power for pitch.. Heck he also had enter the pattern with "stuck" ailerons using the rudder to turn and land. I wonder how damaged it was? http://fox2now.com/2014/06/14/skydivers-lucky-to-be-alive/

If my flight controls are stuck and I have a parachute I'm jumping the hell out, especially when I have a nice big door next to me designed to provide clean skydive exits from the airplane.

Good on him, I just hope he set up the airplane to land in the cornfield before he jumped to the best of his ability instead of just letting it land where it may and got lucky. I think I would take the same actions.

Thats awesome! I wonder what happened to the jumper that hit the elevator!

The pilot wears a chute for a reason. Good job. Airplanes are replaceable.

Speaking of airplanes, not much left of that one. It's interesting that a jumper can incapacitate an airplane and not suffer injury.

The trim tab is on the right elevator on a 182 so there was no way he could control pitch enough to land. Don

They'll have that thing hauling jumpers again next week.

Good on him, I just hope he set up the airplane to land in the cornfield before he jumped to the best of his ability instead of just letting it land where it may and got lucky.

But advice from an experienced pilot who flew next to him to inspect the damage prompted him to head for farmland on the other side of the Mississippi River.

looks like he had that in mind.

They'll have that thing hauling jumpers again next week.

16-Wing_Temp_Repair.jpg

where there's duct tape, there's a way. :lol:

Back