jpi fs 450 users k factor?

pmel22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pmel22
Hello all...I purchased a 172 with the jpi 450 fuel scan. I can see the k factor is not quite right. Anyone give me a place to start (K factor your using)..it seems the fuel burn rate is close, but it is showing I have more fuel in the tank, than I actually have. The engine is 0-300.

Hello all...I purchased a 172 with the jpi 450 fuel scan. I can see the k factor is not quite right. Anyone give me a place to start (K factor your using)..it seems the fuel burn rate is close, but it is showing I have more fuel in the tank, than I actually have. The engine is 0-300.

I can give you the K factor I use on mine but it will not do you any good. In fact it could end up worse than what you currently have. You need to calibrate that to your own specific installation. The JPI450 manual has complete instructions on how to do just that. Download the manual from the JPI website and follow the instructions. In no time it will be reading within one gallon after a four hour flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you can get at the Flowscan transducer it should have the factory measured K-factor printed on it. Also AFaIK you can read the current K-factor setting from the FS-450 on the display by getting into the right menu, check the PG for the unit.

If all else fails it's possible to measure with a frequency counter and a measuring cup.

All you do is set it to something and fly one tank down and do the correction as in the manual. I bet you get within a gallon over the tank after the first correction. It's not rocket science it's a straight proportion

old k what it said you burned
----- = ---------------------------
new k what it actually burned

new k = old k ( what you burned / what it said).

Thanks guys, contacted jpi they were very helpful also...

Back