JPI EDM790

vcollazo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Vince
Just replaced EDM 760 with 790. Combined EDM 760/790 manual implies inputing starting fuel is the same, but it isn't. Spoke with JPI tech support, but they were no help. On 790 when after start option of adding fuel comes up I push the right (LF) button and display shows 108 gal (my usable inboard fuel). I then push the left (step) button to accept this, but then the unit goes right into the normal display mode so I have to hold both buttons for 5 seconds to get into the programming mode to see the fuel option again then push right button 3 times to get the "add/subtract fuel" then hit step button, then hold right button in till count gets up to 40 gal which is 1/2 full aux tanks. Full fuel of 186 gal works just like in the 760. We normally fuel to this 148 gallons (aux tanks half full) so we have an extra 240lb for payload. I must be doing something wrong because this having to go to programming mode wastes time. What is the best procedure when you have aux tanks or only fill to tabs? Thanks in advance for help.

Do you have the aux tank feature turned on?

Yes I do, and I entered the proper capacity for the aux tanks.

Back