JPI EDM + Shadin Digiflow

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
i have a JPI 700 plus a separate Shadin Fuel monitor. They are not interconnected. Therefore an analysis of my EDM data is incomplete.

Can I direct the output from the Shadin to the JPI? How?

i have a JPI 700 plus a separate Shadin Fuel monitor. They are not interconnected. Therefore an analysis of my EDM data is incomplete.

Can I direct the output from the Shadin to the JPI? How?

Is your 700 equipped for Fuel Flow? Not all are.

It is capable of it, but it doesn’t have the option installed because the plane already had a fuel totalizer. Now I want a way to save the he data and integrate it with the JPI data for analysis.

Do you have a GPS? Many can take the rs232 output from the Shadin and compute all manner of consumption, fuel to waypoint, fuel to destination fuel remaining and other calculations.

Oops, never mind. Missed the fuel flw analysis coupled with the JPI you're looking for.

you can parallel a wire from the Shadin to the JPI for fuel flow. The JPI must have the FF functionality. I think most do but some early units may not have. If you have the connection on the back it should work.

I am going to the JPI booth at Sun n Fun and grill them on this question and a couple more. I have the basic JPI EDM 730C with EGT and CHT. They mention you can upgrade the unit, but no specifics. I want to ad RPM. Do you buy their sensor and just plug it in? Does the software recognize that and reconfigure the display to show RPM?? Will post the results.

Usually it is just a software configuration thing when 'stuff' is added like an RPM sensor.

When I was looking to upgrade my UBG-16 to and MVP-50, EI said it was a total replacement even though the temperature probes and fuel flow sensors were the same. Their position was they had to do it that way to conform with the STC. Beware of STC requirements.

Adding fuel flow function to an EDM700 requires removal of the instrument and return to the manufacturer for programming. I opted to add a separate FS450 instead. I have no idea whether the Shadin transducer is compatible with the EDM.

Back