For Sale JPI EDM 830 and almost all probes - SOLD

Katamarino

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Katamarino
I've recently removed an EDM 830 in excellent condition from my C182, for an upgrade to the EDM 930.

Included are the head unit, and the following sensors/probes:

- 6 x CHT
- 6 x EGT
- MP
- RPM
- Oil T
- Oil P
- Fuel flow
- OAT

This EDM 830 has flown around the world, so you'll get bragging rights.

Looking for $1,800 for the package.

I tried to talk our chief mechanic into installing this in the club 182M. I told him I would buy and donate it to the club. He said if the engine isn’t fuel injected it’s not worth it because you can’t see the fuel in the carbs. I almost had him convinced when I talked about leaning and measuring the EGTs.

I’ve been watching the savvy Aviation podcasts in youtube and Mike says everyone should have one. I wish we did.

From the spec sheet

“Download to Palm™ Computer”

which went out of business years ago (bought by HP then after a while, HP choose not to support it)

Which begs the question….after a ‘round the world trip, about the only thing left is Pole to Pole a ‘round the world flight.

I wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago. I just traded my 800 in on an 830 with a bunch of new harnesses/probes for my AA1A. I'm looking forward to flying with it.

I tried to talk our chief mechanic into installing this in the club 182M. I told him I would buy and donate it to the club. He said if the engine isn’t fuel injected it’s not worth it because you can’t see the fuel in the carbs. I almost had him convinced when I talked about leaning and measuring the EGTs.

I’ve been watching the savvy Aviation podcasts in youtube and Mike says everyone should have one. I wish we did.

If you have a carbed engine, it’s fairly useless, especially the flashing warnings of low oil P, high oil T, high cyl T, as well as fine repeatability, precision, and accuracy of RPM and MP <sarcasm>. Fine, forget the leaning benefits, it’s still worth it from a pilot’s point of view for early planning of precautionary or emergency landings (situational awareness). Buy one.

I heard from an aviation engineer that you can lean a carbed engine to lean of peak operation. Seems a gauge like this would help keep an eye on it. Plus all the other benefits.

Back