JPI 730 Fuel Flow

I don't think so. If the unit was ordered without the fuel flow option entirely, then it needs to go back for an upgrade. JPI should be able to answer that for you pretty quickly.

I don't think so. If the unit was ordered without the fuel flow option entirely, then it needs to go back for an upgrade. JPI should be able to answer that for you pretty quickly.

My 730 was upgraded to an 830 and it never left the shop.

730 is 830 - the bunch of probes that comes with 830 or that’s what I was told

Correct. There is no difference between them other than probes installed.

There's a $100 charge to get teh FF option without purchasing a transducer. What's that about?

I just figured it wasn't configurable in the field. When I noticed they had changed some things on the 830 they were demoing at the show compared to what mine did (I have one of the early ones), they said they'd be glad to upgrade it, but it wasn't a field option (i.e., you couldn't upgrade the software through the USB port) and it would have to go back for the update.

I just figured it wasn't configurable in the field. When I noticed they had changed some things on the 830 they were demoing at the show compared to what mine did (I have one of the early ones), they said they'd be glad to upgrade it, but it wasn't a field option (i.e., you couldn't upgrade the software through the USB port) and it would have to go back for the update.

Like what features?

I think it was some minor UI improvements like dynamically labelling the two buttons, etc...

Back