JPI 700 EGT gone??

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Hey guys,

Soo my JPI 700 just today has zero readout for EGT on #6, as in not a 0/bad reading but nothing, and the CHT bar that normally is Black is now orange, all else is good, shutdown and started back up and same thing, any thoughts??

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Soo my JPI 700 just today has zero readout for EGT on #6, as in not a 0/bad reading but nothing, and the CHT bar that normally is Black is now orange, all else is good, shutdown and started back up and same thing, any thoughts??

Thanks!

A friend has some segments out In his, failure seems common

The EGT sensor and wire connecting to the display could be the problem. Switching wire from another cylinder would check this

Any interest in getting a 730?

When I talked to JPI at OSH they mentioned the 730's were cheaper than 700's because they don't like servicing the 700s. The 700's apparently fade over time, whereas the 730 will not.

Typical PoA response "Help me with this." "Nevermind that, let me spend all your money on this." :)

The EGT sensor and wire connecting to the display could be the problem. Switching wire from another cylinder would check this

Ok! I’ll give that a try, thanks

Any interest in getting a 730?

When I talked to JPI at OSH they mentioned the 730's were cheaper than 700's because they don't like servicing the 700s. The 700's apparently fade over time, whereas the 730 will not.

Typical PoA response "Help me with this." "Nevermind that, let me spend all your money on this." :)

If I go that path I’d get a CGR and get a new panel overlay and delete some instruments.

Bad probe. My 700 did that, and the newer probes didn't last as long as the older ones. I'd get less time on some of the probes than on a vacuum pump. Also possible to be a bad connection on the probe leads.

Swap the leads for a couple of cylinders and see what happens.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

RTFM.

Just kiddin'! :D

Loose connections needs to be crimped. It worked in JPI 730

Back