Joys of the FAA

TexasAviation

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TexasAviation
After buying my first plane several months ago, and finally completing the paperwork to the FAA's satisfaction, I received my registration in the mail today. Yipee!!

Until ...

I noticed the FAA misspelled my last name on the registration. Ugh.

My application was correct. All their correspondence with me has had my correct name. But on the official registration itself, someone made a typo.

Any idea what I need to do to get that fixed? I've e-mailed the aircraft registration branch. Tried calling, but of course couldn't get through to anyone. Can the FSDO do anything?

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to fly with the incorrect registration as well as the pink copy of 8050-1 with my name spelled correctly.

I would continue to fly like your never noticed the typo.

My last name is very difficult to spell & makes no sense from a phonetic standpoint. I have multiple documents with my last name misspelled. I used to fight it by finally gave up. When I married 7 years ago I told my fiance' at the time that if she kept her last name I'd understand. She didn't. Now she fights the battle of the misspelled name.

When I bought my airplane in July there was some misunderstanding with my wife's name. She printed her name with her middle initial but doesn't use her middle initial when signing. They sent us a 120 day temp & made us redo it. It's been cleared on the registry website but we still haven't received the real registration. Yes, the FAA is slow.

I would continue to fly like your never noticed the typo.

My last name is very difficult to spell & makes no sense from a phonetic standpoint. I have multiple documents with my last name misspelled. I used to fight it by finally gave up. When I married 7 years ago I told my fiance' at the time that if she kept her last name I'd understand. She didn't. Now she fights the battle of the misspelled name.

When I bought my airplane in July there was some misunderstanding with my wife's name. She printed her name with her middle initial but doesn't use her middle initial when signing. They sent us a 120 day temp & made us redo it. It's been cleared on the registry website but we still haven't received the real registration. Yes, the FAA is slow.

So you're going to try to sell a ASI, if you ever got ramped, that you didn't notice YOUR OWN name was misspelled...

Just call the registration branch up, not the end of the world

They will respond to emails EVENTUALLY, takes a few days but I've always gotten a response from them.

Im with James, I wouldn't just play it off.

Give the FSDO a call and have them point you into the right direction.

For a registration issue, I doubt you will get a faster resolution calling the FSDO vs the AC Registration dudes in OKC. Just keep calling. You'll eventually get someone.

When he address for this transaction is on the FAA.org web page why would you call FSDO?

For a registration issue, I doubt you will get a faster resolution calling the FSDO vs the AC Registration dudes in OKC. Just keep calling. You'll eventually get someone.
I agree, just considering that he hasn't reached anyone in OKC, the FSDO might be able to help get the ball rolling. Just a suggestion if all else fails.

Ever think it might be easier to change the spelling of your name to the spelling on the registration....? :lol::lol::lol:
With the government, it might be. A friend couldn't efile his taxes because you have to use your birthdate to "sign" your electronic return. He called Social Security, and they told him that his birthday didn't match what was in their files. He asked them to correct their files. No ****, they told him it'd be easier to change his birthday.

Back