Joyride

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Joyride

Sheriff's deputies in La Push, Washington, said they received a report of a suspicious person trying to rent an airplane without a pilot's license or insurance at the Jefferson County International Airport on Aug. 18. The man, later identified as Richard Jordal, 59, then tried his luck at Tailspin Tommy's, another plane rental business at the airport, KIRO reported, and was again refused, but surveillance video showed Jordal returning later to steal the keys to a Cessna airplane, which he fueled up before taking off and flying erratically, according to authorities. Business owner Nataliya Yeshyrina and her husband watched the plane on radar: "Altitude would change dramatically from 5,000 feet to 2,000. Up and down and then doing loops and doing twirls." Authorities said a possible plane crash was reported around 10:30 p.m., but no wreckage could be found in the heavily forested area that evening. A U.S. Navy helicopter crew returned the next morning and found the plane, with Jordal unconscious inside. He was taken to a hospital in critical condition. [KIRO, 8/19/2020] - The Entrepreneurial Spirit

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/small-plane-crashes-jefferson-county/TKN4YTKOWJHZPK7OFYPUARZLAI/

Saw this on the local flying groups facebook page when it happened. Jefferson County is a great little airport that I've flown to multiple times but I get the impression the school he stole the plane from is going to take a major hit without this little plane. Lots of comments on the FB group as to how much everyone remembered using it as their trainer and all their memories with it. I actually did my checkride in Jefferson county and met my DPE at the school in the article.

Saw this on the local flying groups facebook page when it happened. Jefferson County is a great little airport that I've flown to multiple times but I get the impression the school he stole the plane from is going to take a major hit without this little plane. Lots of comments on the FB group as to how much everyone remembered using it as their trainer and all their memories with it. I actually did my checkride in Jefferson county and met my DPE at the school in the article.
That's too bad. Hopefully someone will help them out.

The investigation remains ongoing with the FBI working with the National Park Service to determine if Jordal will face any federal charges.
I don't think he really cares now.

Back