Journal Update...

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
Just uploaded the next chapter of the journal. Along with the recovered pictures from the disk crash last December. Enjoy!

Glad to hear you were in our neck of the woods, Bo. There used to be an airport at Stone Mountain, but, alas, was paved over in 1996 for Olympic parking.
There is no such thing as a four sided block in this town.
LOL, you noticed that, too. And they're all named Peachtree!
We get onto the parapet in time to witness the cannon firing. I am poised with the camera focused and ready, but am not prepared for how loud it is. I bash my face with the camera so hard that I was afraid that my eyebrow was going to split, but I got the picture. Nicely framed and only slightly tilted.
Now that I would've liked to see! Thanks for taking one to the face to give us a nice picture!

Bo,

As always a great read!!

Mary and I are looking forward to catching up with you and Sandra in Gulf Shores, we made our reservations yesterday.

Man alive, I love reading these. Bo, you get more enjoyment out of an airplane than anyone I know!

This is awesome. Rather than posting on Flickr, and Facebook, and POA, it would be cool to keep all my stuff in one place regarding my flying adventures. Right now my log book is my only record and even that I'm behind on.

Rich,
I would love to see a *Peachtree* search of the Atlanta street directory. Bet it would comprise 40% of the total streets. That was the first time I can recall when neither of us retained any idea of where north was.
Which would you like to have seen, me bashing my face or the cannon firing?
Gary,
We also are looking forward to Gulf Shores. We will be there even if we have to start walking around Sep 15.
Spike,
Isn't that what an airplane is for. BTW that trip is proof that you can travel VFR. Did you count how many times we altered the plans?
Go for it Kimberly. Also check out Gary's blog, it is pretty cool also.

Bo,

I have enjoyed reading your journal over the years, too bad I missed your stop at PDK. I fly for Epps, hope my coworkers treated you well.

Sorry about the loss of your friend and mentor. :sad:

Bo,

I have enjoyed reading your journal over the years, too bad I missed your stop at PDK. I fly for Epps, hope my coworkers treated you well.

Sorry about the loss of your friend and mentor. :sad:

Dave,
Epps treated us very well. Including that sampler from a Greek bakery they gave us as we were leaving Saturday morning. Four generous slices of the best Baclava I ever hung a lip over. Sandra said the rest of it was good also.

Awesome! I love reading things like this. Thanks!

:popcorn:

By the way, Bo- Looks to me like all that treadmill work is working out great for the Redhead, who is looking trim and fit.

What I cannot grasp is why you look the same? (grin)

Yes, the Redhead is looking better than she has for a number of years. (Smile)

As for me, Not changing much I take as a left handed compliment. Othir than my beard turning white and my hair getting lighter (still not really gray), I haven't changed much. I still weigh +/-3lbs of what I weighed in 1970. It has shifted some, sigh.

Yes, the Redhead is looking better than she has for a number of years. (Smile)

As for me, Not changing much I take as a left handed compliment. Othir than my beard turning white and my hair getting lighter (still not really gray), I haven't changed much. I still weigh +/-3lbs of what I weighed in 1970. It has shifted some, sigh.

This is our fate, Bo, 'twas always thus. :rofl:

Rich,
I would love to see a *Peachtree* search of the Atlanta street directory. Bet it would comprise 40% of the total streets. That was the first time I can recall when neither of us retained any idea of where north was.
Which would you like to have seen, me bashing my face or the cannon firing?
The first part! :D

Having just gotten back into photography after a long hiatus, I was not aware of this potentially dangerous situation one could be in!

Back