Jones Beach airshow

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
The spectacular Jones Beach airshow is coming up next weekend -- the Blue Angels, Mary Dilda, Red Baron Pizza Squadron, Mike Mancuso, others. If anyone would like to meet up on Sunday, please post here. A few of us from the other board are meeting at the flagpoles opposite Fields 4 and 5 at 9:30 a.m., also exchanging cell numbers so later arrivals can find where the others are sitting (hopefully).

The show runs from 10 - 3. I've been there the past 2 years, and it's so much fun. They do a warbird flyby, too (some aircraft are from my airport). Join us if you're in the area!

Hi Toby,

Sue and I plan to be there. Hey, I saw you in the pictures of the Wings BBQ. Is your plane flying?

Gil

TeenDoc said:
Hi Toby,

Sue and I plan to be there. Hey, I saw you in the pictures of the Wings BBQ. Is your plane flying?

Gil
Gil,

I drove -- I'm only flying around the island right now. Swee'pea's going in for her annual this week. We've fixed part of the problem and have narrowed down the rest. I'll fill you in when I see you.

SLagonia said:
That sounds like fun - Are we flying or driving?
Hi Sal,

I'm driving. FRG is the closest airport, but I think there will be a TFR around this time. They've got the Blue Angels and most of the others flying in and out of FRG to be in the show.

Want to fly into ISP? I'd be glad to pick you up and drive you to the beach and back.

Any one coming by wwd on the way, could I catch a ride????
KD

Thanks Toby - I will let you know shortly. It's not a bad drive from Westchester but traffic is always a consideration.

Update: Weather's looking good for Sunday. I'll try to be at the flagpole at 9:15 and will be wearing a bright yellow cap and carrying an orange camp chair and huge tote bag. Anyone driving in, give me a call that morning with your ETA so I'll know to look for you. By 10 I'll be on the beach somewhere.

If you'd like to give me your cell # or would like mine, PM me. Some folks from the other board will be there, too.

See you Sunday!

Hey guys - we will be there - I am going to drive in and should be there by 915am. Probably just me and "She who must be obeyed".

Toby - Where is the flagpole that you speak of?

SLagonia said:
Hey guys - we will be there - I am going to drive in and should be there by 915am. Probably just me and "She who must be obeyed".

Toby - Where is the flagpole that you speak of?
Sal,

I'm pretty sure there are 3 flagpoles right up on the boardwalk between those two restaurants -- you know when you walk through the tunnel from the parking lot? And you go up the steps to the boardwalk? I think they're right there or right nearby. I will try and get there extra early and will give you a call if it turns out my memory is getting flaky.

Remember, there will be a ton of traffic and parking will take a while.

Last edited:
igor said:
I went to the Jones Beach airshow today as I am planning on going to the Lancaster fly-in on Sunday. Jones Beach was quite a show. I took some photos:
http://www.flyincalendar.com/event_photos/0003_996/DSC_5277.JPG
http://www.flyincalendar.com/event_photos/0003_996/DSC_4809.JPG
http://www.flyincalendar.com/event_photos/0003_996/DSC_4851.JPG

Have fun! (and don't forget your sun protector like I did...)
InCREDible photos, Igor. I am impressed. Any of them would make a great desktop photo. Hmmmm.....

Banshee Will said:
What a "GREAT Show"!!!! F-18s slow flight, too cool....

I agree - It really was a great show - good to see a bunch of folks from the boards there too. Well worth the day!

Yes, it was great!! Attached are a few photos, not like Igor's but I tried.

Attachments

• blueangels5_med.jpg
    blueangels5_med.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 8
  • blueangels2_med.jpg
    blueangels2_med.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 10
  • jbairshow6_med.jpg
    jbairshow6_med.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
  • jbairshow15_med.jpg
    jbairshow15_med.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 20
  • jbairshow9_med.jpg
    jbairshow9_med.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 11
  • jbairshow11_med.jpg
    jbairshow11_med.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 5
  • MM_1med.jpg
    MM_1med.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8
  • MM_8med.jpg
    MM_8med.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 6
  • redbaron2_med.jpg
    redbaron2_med.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 8
Toby said:
InCREDible photos, Igor. I am impressed. Any of them would make a great desktop photo. Hmmmm.....

Here's a few more... I find a few great desktop photos among these, too! Looks like a great airshow! My favorite is img #3.

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg