Join us for our 6th Annual Fly-In Pool Party!

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
For six years we've thrown the world's only fly-in pool party at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, America's aviation themed, all-suites hotel, located right next to Rwy 25 at KIOW! Starting at 3 PM on the Saturday before Airventure, we offer free food, beverages (adult and otherwise), and entertainment, all served at poolside throughout the evening, as our way of saying "Thanks!" for another great year! Stop in for a free brat and a pop, or spend the night. (The airport FBO will be offering a 25 cent per gallon discount for the event.) We also have limited camping space (again, for free) on the hotel grounds, if needed.

The Alexis Park Inn & Suites is located adjacent to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA, but there's no need to walk -- we'll come pick you up in our courtesy van. Cherokee Pilots Association members receive a 10% discount, anytime.

Then, on Sunday morning (not TOO early!), whoever wishes to join our caravan into the FISK approach at Oshkosh is welcome to do so! We usually have between 3 and 10 aircraft in trail, which offers the opportunity to experience the arrival procedures into OSH with some very experienced pilots. (We've even got a full-sized flight simulator at the hotel, and we'll have the FISK approach set up so you can practice beforehand!) The flight up from Iowa City is an easy 90-minute flight, and you'll arrive fresh as a daisy -- important when you're flying in the busiest airspace in the world.

Come one, come all, and start your Oshkosh experience right! If you have any questions, fire away!

I won't be able to make the Iowa City pre-Osh party this year.

I'll have a couple pax flying up to Oshkosh with me in the Cherokee :blueplane:this year, and they want to leave TX at sunrise on Sunday morning.

Put me down for a definite maybe. I'm polishing furiously, and should be mostly done by Jul 25th. If I get time off, I'll head that way. The approach help into OSH sounds good too. My job gets busy in summer, but this might be the big year.

Back