Johnny Manziel cut by the Browns

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
I suppose it was to be expected. Another bad drafting move by the Browns, which I suppose explains why they are always where they are.

They could have had Teddy Bridgewater, but they chose Johnny, what were they thinking?

We're all counting our blessings that Elway didn't pick him up. LOL.

Sanchez?! FML...

I suppose it was to be expected. Another bad drafting move by the Browns, which I suppose explains why they are always where they are.

They could have had Teddy Bridgewater, but they chose Johnny, what were they thinking?

I'd fire anyone in the front office who was on-board with drafting JFB. He was a non-fit for the NFL from a physical perspective. Too small and slow, too weak of an arm. I knew that when they drafted him. Add to that the already known off-field stuff, and drafting him in the first round was insane. The Browns should have drafted a solid player who would contribute for a decade, but totally threw away the pick.

We're all counting our blessings that Elway didn't pick him up. LOL.

Sanchez?! FML...

But Sanchez will be a back up, right? I glad the Eagles traded him. He would always get your hopes up then turn the ball over in the red zonr.

Who's going to get RG III? Denver? Jets? Eagles?

Bill, Rumor has it the Eagles want nothing to do with RGIII.

Manziel was a douchebag from the start, and I called his NFL flame out from the beginning. Over-hyped athleticism and terrible example of leadership, especially for a QB. I normally don't care much about most players one way or the other, but I'd be elated if he never saw the field again.

Why? He sure was fun to watch in college. He's still just a kid. I hope he gets his life together.

Manziel was a douchebag from the start, and I called his NFL flame out from the beginning. Over-hyped athleticism and terrible example of leadership, especially for a QB. I normally don't care much about most players one way or the other, but I'd be elated if he never saw the field again.

As a life long Browns fan, any QB they have drafted after coming back to the league is pretty much a lock as being a bust, no need to call it out.

I'd love it if the Browns picked up Cardale Jones. He's Cleveland native, and they love those Ohio boys in Cleveland. That and they guy's a stud. I think that him being a good QB and a Cleveland guy would be a win-win for the Browns, but I haven't heard that they were looking at him. I have to wonder why not?

As a life long Browns fan, any QB they have drafted after coming back to the league is pretty much a lock as being a bust, no need to call it out.
Lol, yeah I know, but this guy just never sat well with me in college, much less his NFL antics. It could be worse, you could be Detriot being known for having two of the (arguably) greatest skill players retire in their prime (Sanders/Megatron).

His stupid little money sign should have been a big red flag to his mindset. I get doing stupid stuff at 22-23 years of age. We all did it. But I don't think he has the ability to learn from his mistakes and correct himself.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. JM still has a chance to overcome that. I wish him well.

I commend Manziel's dad for speaking up, when he said this, recently:

“He’s a druggie. It’s not a secret that he’s a druggie. I don’t know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn’t [sought] it yet. Hopefully he doesn’t die before he comes to his senses. That’s about all you can say. I don’t know what else to say. …

“He has more money than me, so he can outrun me. Like I said, there are two things that are going to happen: He’s either going to die, or he’s going to figure out that he needs help. It’s one of the two. But we’ve done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can’t just chase somebody that’s not willing to listen. The story is not going to change. It’s the same. … I mean, I hate to say it, but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him.”

A little late there pops. You had a long time to raise him right but you failed. I do hope he wises up and gets the help he needs before he does something drastic.

Dad should have stepped up when he was in high school and got a couple DUI's. Daddy paid his way out of them

Dad should have stepped up when he was in high school and got a couple DUI's. Daddy paid his way out of them

His dad tried to. Grandpa was the one that constantly bailed him out.

Johnny football was well known in the northgate area, well before the legal drinking age.

Back