Job Interview Tomorrow!!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Some of you may have noticed that my signature reads "Albuquerque....for now." Well...I've been looking elsewhere to get out of this state, and I have a job interview for a transfer with the same company to St. Paul, MN tomorrow morning. Its a phone interview, so I'll still be in the great hot southwest for this one.

Wish me luck!

good luck man, im hoping for you to get it!

SkyHog said:
Some of you may have noticed that my signature reads "Albuquerque....for now." Well...I've been looking elsewhere to get out of this state, and I have a job interview for a transfer with the same company to St. Paul, MN tomorrow morning. Its a phone interview, so I'll still be in the great hot southwest for this one.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, Nick! Will that change your "all airports in NM in '06" goal?

If not then hes got a lot of catching up to do...tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....the clocks ticking Nick!!!!! Goodluck with both.

Troy Whistman said:
Good luck, Nick! Will that change your "all airports in NM in '06" goal?

No, all he would have to do is transpose the letters..NM becomes MN

Best of luck Nick!

Thanks guys. BTW, if I get/If I take the job in MN, I will still finish in NM, even if it means spending a weekend doing the rest of the airports.

I HAVE TO FINISH NM!

Good Luck Nick, oh Have them call me I will tell them everything I know about you and make up a little too :eek:

Bob

Good luck Nick, I'll be waiting to hear about it. I'll also be waiting for 143 in 365 :)

Nick, if you end up coming up for a 2nd interview in person. be sure and give me a call.

seven Six three -542-5867 W
612 eight six seven fourty one oh two cell

SkyHog said:
Its a phone interview, so I'll still be in the great hot southwest for this one.

Wish me luck!

Best of Luck! As an employer, phone interviews were necessary, but as the "interviewee" I never liked them. Its really hard to gage what the other person is feeling without all those non-verbal clues. Ususally just turns out to be the facts and tone of voice.

Gary

Well you should be phone interviewing now. How'd it go?

SkyHog said:
I have a job interview for a transfer with the same company to St. Paul, MN tomorrow morning. Its a phone interview, !

Good luck! If you get it, will you buy out your partners and take the plane, or sell your share and look for something there?

Well, it went pretty good, but it was just a preliminary interview to scare off the crazies. We have a real interview set up for noon on Friday (Central time).

This was more of a "why are you interested" and "Do you have the knowledge necessary" interview.

Good stuff.

Try not to look scared...:D

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

SkyHog said:

Wish me luck!
Good Luck, traitor!:D

Last edited:
Sadistic tendencies

Nick, what the hell is wrong with you? Trading the extreme sun for the extreme snow.....jeez. I don't want to hear it come next January.

AND....staying with the same company even. A real love/hate if I've ever seen one.

Oh yeah, do they have universities up there? You may be jeopardizing your university student status.

Re: Sadistic tendencies

Richard said:
Nick, what the hell is wrong with you? Trading the extreme sun for the extreme snow.....jeez. I don't want to hear it come next January.
It's not all that cold. Really..I promise.

Richard said:
Oh yeah, do they have universities up there? You may be jeopardizing your university student status.
University of Minnesota ..as far as I know it's pretty decent. But I'm not exactly the college hippie so don't quote me on that.

Skydog said:
Well, it went pretty good, but it was just a preliminary interview to scare off the crazies. We have a real interview set up for noon on Friday (Central time).

This was more of a "why are you interested" and "Do you have the knowledge necessary" interview.

Good stuff.
Congrats. You'll do fine... Hurry the hell up and move up here. I need someone to fly with before I forget how.

Last edited:
UM is pretty good. Oh! and Nick they have an Aerospace Engineering program :yes:

Frank Browne said:
Minnesota not cold?!?! I could have sworn it got down into the 30's there in the winter. :hairraise:

If only it would get up to the 30's in the winter:(. Actually except for the occasional blizzard (once or twice every few years) the winters are no big deal as long as you have a good winter wardrobe and don't do stupid things like take a car trip wearing summer clothes because it's plenty warm in the car. For me the worst part about the weather is that the nice summer weather just doesn't last long enough. Spring usually teases us towards the end of April with a few days of really nice weather and then we get a month of crappy, cold, rainy stuff in May (sometimes into the middle of June). Then the real summer goes from mid-June through the first week of September, after which it can get plenty cold again. I really, really need another month or two of temps above 70. Hopefully Global Warming will provide this:D.

Frank Browne said:
Minnesota not cold?!?! I could have sworn it got down into the 30's there in the winter. :hairraise:

Well lets see, I spent 13 days there in February, only got above 20 once:eek:
All the locals said it was a warm winter:rofl:
When I left it was 8 degrees and wind chill was -34
Don

Don Jones said:
Well lets see, I spent 13 days there in February, only got above 20 once:eek:
All the locals said it was a warm winter:rofl:
When I left it was 8 degrees and wind chill was -34
Don

Yes, and you were in southern MN almost in Iowa. The north end of the state is several hundred miles closer to the arctic circle and can be considerably colder. Fortunately Minnepolis is in the southern quarter of the state.

when i was about a freshman in high school i went snowmobiling in northern minnesota (Outing/Emily area) and it was around -30 F every morning for breakfast. Would warm up to about 0 I think during the day though so it was nice :)

SkyHog said:
Well...I've been looking elsewhere to get out of this state, and I have a job interview for a transfer with the same company to St. Paul, MN tomorrow morning.

Nick,

Your news is absolutely Comcastic (TM)! Knock 'em dead.

-Rich

/used to live in Eagan, MN 1980-1983.
//yes, it IS COLD there!

Re: Two Words WIND CHILL!!

Nick,

Best of luck and if it is right for you go for it. But ....

As I am a former Duke city resident who moved to the midwest 20 years ago I can say location wise it was a huge mistake. The weather stinks and the country side beauty is laking greatly over what can be found in New Mexico.

There was by far more things to do in New Mexico than the midwest. Everything here is the same and if you drive for 7 hours you will still be in the middle of a corn field.

And worst of all, three words, GREEN BAY PACKERS :vomit:
;)

Re: Two Words WIND CHILL!!

smigaldi said:
Nick,

Best of luck and if it is right for you go for it. But ....

As I am a former Duke city resident who moved to the midwest 20 years ago I can say location wise it was a huge mistake. The weather stinks and the country side beauty is laking greatly over what can be found in New Mexico.

There was by far more things to do in New Mexico than the midwest. Everything here is the same and if you drive for 7 hours you will still be in the middle of a corn field.

And worst of all, three words, GREEN BAY PACKERS :vomit:
;)

But will I get shot or lose my job to a Mexican?
Or robbed (lost 3 car stereos in as many years)
Or witness a robbery (have seen or just missed 5 gas station robberies in 3 years)
Or carjacked (attempted last year)
Or find that EVERY single woman already has a kid that is only a few years younger than the mother?

I doubt it. Bring on the corn.

Back