Jim Weir's master monitor

TwinBeech

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TwinBeech
Has anyone built Jim's monitor from Kitplanes Nov issue? I have breadboarded it and it works when the batt voltage goes to 12VDC but when 14V is applied it has a slow repetitive beep. The V at pin 9 on stage C of the Op Amp shows the C slowly discharging and when it hits zero it pulses to 4V and beeps. If I can fix this I will order some boards and build a few.

Has anyone built Jim's monitor from Kitplanes Nov issue? I have breadboarded it and it works when the batt voltage goes to 12VDC but when 14V is applied it has a slow repetitive beep. The V at pin 9 on stage C of the Op Amp shows the C slowly discharging and when it hits zero it pulses to 4V and beeps. If I can fix this I will order some boards and build a few.

No, but Jim is here (weirdjim). Maybe he didn't see this thread, try sending him a PM.

I don't subscribe to Kitplanes because I'm not interested in building a plane, but I am definitely interested in building electrical gadgets that are aviation-related. Is this sort of thing in every issue? Are there other sources for such things?

I will pm him and see if he answers. He has had some really good electronic designs over the years. I have built his power supply using the LM338 module and used his ideas for the logic modules to design a sequence circuit for a Brokaw Bullet landing gear system. He does a monthly column and usually covers a wide range of circuits. At one time he spent several months designing a VOR test set. I don't think anyone built it, that I have heard but now with GPS it is outdated.

Back