JHP 520, anyone interested?

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
I have a JHP 520 collecting dust in my closet. Has both battery packs, and I think I still have the original packaging. Anyone interested? I'd prefer to see it go to the POA community before going to eBay...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Joe Williams said:
I am. How much?

I'll go home and make sure I have everything (it's in my flight bag).

I figure $100 for it is fair? I'll get pictures and let you be the judge. It's probably 3 years old at this point, barley used.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
I'll go home and make sure I have everything (it's in my flight bag).

I figure $100 for it is fair? I'll get pictures and let you be the judge. It's probably 3 years old at this point, barley used.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Sounds good to me.

Can't remember if I said anything about this, but I have a JHP 520. Had it since 2000, and late last year, the PTT button and area around it got so hot when the radio was just turned on that I could not touch it. Was not keyed and xmitting...just could not figure it out.

Took it to Piedmont/Landmark at ROA; they bascially said "go away son, you bother me". So I wrote a note to the US distributor and sent it back - repairs not to exceed $75 without authorization.

Surprise! They sent me back a new radio. No charge. They got a loyal customer and a sales rep/cheerleader and I got a new handheld!:D

My wife gave me a JHP520, it had an intermittent problem with the tuning knob (a feature I like, it can be tuned with a knob as well as with the puch buttons), they swapped it instanter, paid the shipping, it has been good to go ever since. I'd never heard of 'em before, but am quite happy with mine, just need to buy a AA battery pack for it.

Check it out at Gaston's.

I also still have a JHP-520. (Don't want to part with it though).

I had a problem with my first one and the battery pack and the US Distributors at the time were jerks to deal with. Total jerks. Now I remember. It was Edmo.

However, I then paid for an aftermarket battery pack from Batteries America, and it has worked great since then.

http://batteriesamerica.com/newpage71.htm

I got the CNB-152xh 1200mah a few years ago.

They also sell a 1650mah one now.

And have not had any problems in over 4 years.

The distributor however can go pound sand. Jerks big time.... I said I would never buy from them, and I have not, and will not. Ever....

Anyway, good backup transceiver, with a very helpful active/standby button, and WX.

For $100, you won't find anything better, it's worth at least twice that, IMHO.

Actually, I've already received it, and it works like a charm. Just what we were looking for :) A visit to Lancaster to see if Airways has a headset adapter, and my flight bag will be complete.

Except for a Lowrance 500. And this, and that, and the other thing LOL.

Joe: Hang in there a bit longer and get the Lowrance 600C color, terrain the same size as the 500 and only $499. I hear it will be introduced at Sun n Fun.

Thanks Sonar. They told me they weren't sure when they were going to be able to ship them. Av Shop has them too. I am also waiting for them to give me credit toward the 600C for turning in my AirMap300 they give credit toward all the others but not the 600C yet probably won't happen till May.

AdamZ said:
Joe: Hang in there a bit longer and get the Lowrance 600C color, terrain the same size as the 500 and only $499. I hear it will be introduced at Sun n Fun.

Lady at Airways told me the same thing this weekend. My initial response was that I wouldn't want to spend the exta money for color, but then Cathy and I decided it's not that much more money, and I'll keep the thing for years. Color does add information at a glance. Maybe a Christmas present for me :)

Joe Williams said:
Lady at Airways told me the same thing this weekend. My initial response was that I wouldn't want to spend the exta money for color, but then Cathy and I decided it's not that much more money, and I'll keep the thing for years. Color does add information at a glance. Maybe a Christmas present for me :)

When the price starts hurting just reflect on the fact that you aren't paying for a Garmin, and it will seem so much better.:redface:

Back