JetBlue recruiting pilots from zero hours now...

Owning their own air ambulance company and making more than any senior 121 captain..?? :wink2:

Actually I know many ATPs that just do not want to go into an airline for some reason or another. Pay is just not the real reason. Some just do not like the life style, some like the challenge of single pilot IFR, some just want to be close to home. For some people flying 121 is just not their ultimate goal while for others it is. Nothing wrong either way.

Some are like myself and realize there are different ways to make money flying without going into the 121 world. While I enjoy flying, I also enjoy the challenge of operating the business. But as our business plan goes, I am out of our planes right now.

It is all about personal choices.

Ah huh, and that gets you how many days off a month ? What kind of travel benefits for your family members ? I'll bet a "big" company like that gets great health insurance rates. Of course they offer loss of license insurance as well right. How much do they kick in to your 401k ? I'm quite skeptical of any air ambulance company that pays somebody north of 300k a year.

I'll sit right seat on the weekends for free... prefer not to wear the outfit though.

Don't cheapen the profession.

And retirees, self-funded career changers and sugar babies don't already? Brother Please.....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Here's better advice, don't do something for money someone else is willing and able to do for free. How long the US will be able to Heisman cabotage/open skies? Who knows. 121 Pros on here must know something we don't by acting like that isn't possible, but the way we're going with automation and the bare bones experience of commercial flying these days......:nonod:

And retirees, self-funded career changers and sugar babies don't already? Brother Please.....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Here's better advice, don't do something for money someone else is willing and able to do for free. How long the US will be able to Heisman cabotage/open skies? Who knows. 121 Pros on here must know something we don't by acting like that isn't possible, but the way we're going with automation and the bare boned experience of commercial flying these days......:nonod:

FTFY.

Here's better advice, don't do something for money someone else is willing and able to do for free. How long the US will be able to Heisman cabotage/open skies? Who knows. 121 Pros on here must know something we don't by acting like that isn't possible, but the way we're going with automation and the bare bones experience of commercial flying these days......:nonod:

So what do you think I should do? Quit my legacy job? What exactly do you think I need to be doing right now with my career?

So what do you think I should do? Quit my legacy job? What exactly do you think I need to be doing right now with my career?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you quit your job for this reason but it's something to consider for people deciding on a career. Also, just because one person enjoys a certain job or situation doesn't mean the next person will. People need to know themselves, as much as that is possible.

I guess my point is that we don't have control over any of those things - it's not like 121 guys are burying their heads in the sand as hindsight2020 says. We are aware of the threats, and if my job stops providing all the stuff that I love about it, then I'll go do something else.

But I don't see this as any different than any other industry.

I guess my point is that we don't have control over any of those things - it's not like 121 guys are burying their heads in the sand as hindsight2020 says. We are aware of the threats, and if my job stops providing all the stuff that I love about it, then I'll go do something else.

But I don't see this as any different than any other industry.
It's different than some industries in that it's something people pay their hard-earned money to do. There are many who would sit in the right seat of a jet for free, just for the experience. They might get tired of it after a month or six months, and want money, but it's a fantasy some have.

Back