JetBlue makes emergency landing due to odor

Cajun_Flyer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Cajun Flyer
Last edited:
A friend of mine told me that his favorite plane is any plane that has a three man crew.

Two person crew, one passes gas, it is immediately known by the non-passer who did it. Not so with a three person crew....

I wonder if they squawked it.... unapproved odor in plane......

Was on a flight a few years ago that an old gentleman ripped it so bad that every pax within 3 rows was vomiting. Anyone else just crapping their pants would've been much easier to tolerate. I'm in the medical field and have been exposed to some horrendous smells, but his was worse than some of the liver abscesses we've drained ... he definitely needed a colonoscopy to see what was necrosing up there:confused::confused::(:(

I wonder if they squawked it.... unapproved odor in plane......

We're pretty sensitive to strange odors in the cabin (other than obvious bodily ones!) - as @dmspilot posted fume events can be a big deal, and we're trained to recognize one when it happens. In addition to being written up (squawked) in the mx logbook, there's specific fume event paperwork that needs to be completed too. I've never personally had it happen to me, but it probably occurs more frequently than people realize.

man, that stinks.
daduntsh.gif

I at least thought it was funnier than the guy in the gif did. But anyway, bu dum tsh. :)

Back