Jet ride along!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey everyone,
I just got a call and a local buisness has a jet flying out today around 2:30 and i got invited. Of course i took the offer and we are heading to somewhere in Arkansas and i will be back around 10 or so tonight.
I am sure i will have a blast.

I will post more when i get back tonight!

Unlike most of my earthbound friends, I'll NEVER pass up a ride in a plane. Because of another thread, I counted up the planes in my log, and also the planes I've had the great fortune to ride in. I only wish I could be PIC in them all. One was a TBM-700 with 37 hours on the HOBBS (backseat PAX, unfortunately).
NEVER pass up a ride in a good plane. You never know what new adventure you'll start.

Ok i am back, the jet was a new beechcraft premier, we went to west memphis arkansas.
Man what a plane, it was something else made the 250nm trip in about 40 min.

silver-eagle said:
Unlike most of my earthbound friends, I'll NEVER pass up a ride in a plane. Because of another thread, I counted up the planes in my log, and also the planes I've had the great fortune to ride in. I only wish I could be PIC in them all. One was a TBM-700 with 37 hours on the HOBBS (backseat PAX, unfortunately).
NEVER pass up a ride in a good plane. You never know what new adventure you'll start.

I know exactly what you mean...

My first turbine experience was in a 2004 King Air 350 with about 30 hours on the HOBBS, and even cooler was that I was co-pilot. :) Got 93 hours in that thing in just 5 months of flying part time, including a few dozen landings and a few actual instrument approaches.

I still wouldn't spend $5.7 million for that airplane when so many nice jets can be had for about the same price, if not less. To be sure, few of them will carry 8 pax in comfortable double club seating, but flying from Dallas to Las Vegas round trip in one day is a bit much for a turbo prop... About 7 hours total.

All depends on the mission. The King air 200 I fly is great for the company, most trips are in the 100 to 350 mile range, we can carry a load,tanker our own fuel, and go to the flight levels, on a average trip we are within 5 minutes of a jet, we can still go long if need be at a nice speed. The pilots do not have to be type rated and insurance cost less, I love my King Air.
Joe

I haven't had the privilege of riding in a twin yet, i am really looking forward to getting my multi-engine, it opens up a whole new window of opportunities.

bbchien said:
I'll try to get to Gaston's on Sunday, Rudy....
Oh that sounds great!!! hopefully i will see you there!

Back