JesseWeather with Notifications is LIVE

Awesome, Jesse! Let us know if you get additional hits from it. I'm surprised you didn't mention the historic weather data in the press release. That's one of the truly unique features of your site.

Awesome, Jesse! Let us know if you get additional hits from it. I'm surprised you didn't mention the historic weather data in the press release. That's one of the truly unique features of your site.
Well I gained about 10 users from it. As far as the historic weather part -- they edited my press release and didn't put that part in, go figure.

Still nothing from avweb. Anyone know of other places I can send it?

I'll check to see if it's been posted to Vansairforce. They are suckers for online weather gadgets. Plus, you'll get plenty of 'suggestions' from their users. ;)

You try sending it to AOPA or EAA yet? I can imagine they'd want to publicize something that a member of the aviation community is doing to better pilots at no cost, right?

JesseWeather will now autocomplete based on identifier or city. IMO, a useful feature.

autocomplete.png

Well I gained about 10 users from it. As far as the historic weather part -- they edited my press release and didn't put that part in, go figure.

I have no doubt it was edited.

Where to send it...pretty much any aviation web site or magazine. Press releases const nothing to send out. Sometimes (almost always) a follow-up e-mail or phone call is needed. There's a gazillion press releases sent, it may take a couple of tries before yours gets published.

I have no doubt it was edited.

Where to send it...pretty much any aviation web site or magazine. Press releases const nothing to send out. Sometimes (almost always) a follow-up e-mail or phone call is needed. There's a gazillion press releases sent, it may take a couple of tries before yours gets published.

I can attest to this. When I ran for office, I sent my press release out to every paper in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area. Not one published it. After I called a few times, they finally referenced it at least in a few of them.

Squeaky wheel, ya know?

another bug - Vertical Visibility, eg. VV001, is not considered a ceiling. So I just got a VFR notification even though it is in face VV001 in Wichita.

I'll put up a mention on BeechTalk for you.

I just fixed an issue where the Forecast feature wasn't always pulling the latest TAF. Trying to shore up some known bugs. Will be doing a E6B Pro / Jesse Weather integration soon.

Hey Jesse; when I select a two day period (10-29-2010 to 10-31-2010) for KFTW, and select "Central" for the time zone, the graphs all still show ZULU in the header... are the time hacks at the bottom of each graph in Central time? There's no label to let me know, so I'm not sure if it really is showing Central time or Zulu...

The other thing is if you then change the time zone or temp type, the advanced search custom date range selection goes away and sets you back to a 30 day view into the future.

Thanks for the great tool!

Just bought the app. Looks great!

I guess I screwed something up with the taf/forecasts at one point. I just fixed that....

Warming, revival of very old thread.

I was going to add a site but when I go here http://www.jesseweather.com/
it brings me to POA. (and this is the only thread I can find on the site....which must be working as I still get notifications)

Last edited:
I'm thinking it used to be hosted on the same server, and an IP address didn't get moved, or the site didn't get moved.

Was hoping Jesse would be along.
Editing recent post to reflect age of OP, sorry Greg.

It's probably getting intercepted by a layer that was put in place during the PoA migration.

Quite frankly, I would just consider the project dead at this point :)

It's probably getting intercepted by a layer that was put in place during the PoA migration.

Quite frankly, I would just consider the project dead at this point :)

Too bad - it was a cool setup.

:nonod:

really appreciate the years of notifications it has provided, it continues to keep me apprised of the weather. Thanks Jesse.

yea i still like the texts and emails whenever the weather changes

lol, i can't believe it even still worked, i seriously haven't even looked at it in probably 5 years.

I mean..I could keep it running..but it costs money to keep it running...if people want it bad enough to chip in money for it I'll migrate it to a new server and I'll keep it online.

lol, i can't believe it even still worked, i seriously haven't even looked at it in probably 5 years.

I mean..I could keep it running..but it costs money to keep it running...if people want it bad enough to chip in money for it I'll migrate it to a new server and I'll keep it online.

I still use it occasionally. I'd kick in.

I'd also be willing to just give the code (it is PHP) and database to anyone that wanted to run it. The code is definitely a mess, I had no clue what I was doing back then :)

The database is MySQL and is pretty big at this point. I'd guess at least 30 gig but I haven't looked in awhile.

Back