Jesse's Plane

Yes..Yes it does.

If only my bank agreed.

Flying to 6Y9 next weekend is a fine example of why I need an airplane. I will be getting billed 9 hours at almost $90 per hour for a 172 because of their daily minimum charges.

$810.00. For one weekend.

That's four months' payment, or so, on a financed plane like the Stinson.

SCCutler said:
Just love those Stinsons.

Just wish I knew more about 'em! Four seat taildragger, right? That's about all I know.

The real reason I'd like to know more: My great-grandfather, Roland Bliss, owned a 108-3. We didn't even know he was a pilot until my grandmother died and we found a chest of very old papers of his that included a bill of sale for the airplane. True to form, my mother tossed it in a box somewhere and mentioned it to me later, after she didn't know where it was any more. :mad: So, someday, I will dig through everything again and try to find the registration and/or serial numbers for the plane and see if I can't track it down.

Looks like a pretty good deal, not much more than a 152 but you get four seats and 180hp. Is the metalized version like this one any good?

flyingcheesehead said:
Just wish I knew more about 'em! Four seat taildragger, right? That's about all I know.

My BIL has a 108 that he bought for something like 26k. It's slow and loud, but fun to fly. IME they have only one speed (90 mph) which is used for takeoff, climb, cruise, and approach. If you really would like to learn more I can get his email address for you. He also nearly finished rebuilding another 108 a few years back but sold it before getting finished. Right now he's building a RV-9 but he's still flying the Stinson.

Back