Jeppesen non-waas navdata

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I was just renewing my Jepp subscription, and I noticed for the first time (it has probably been thsi way, but I never noticed) that each of the products for the GNS 400-500 series say "non-waas".

Is this what everyone uses? Why have non-waas navdata on a waas gps?

There are still non-waas 430 and 530 units out there, so those units use the non-waas data.

But there are also waas 430 and 530 units, and I didn't see any option for the waas version of the charts; only the non-waas version.

Which page are you on?

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/legal/charts/ads-overview.jsp

Shows a W and non-W options.

Edit: When I log into my account, it only gives me WAAS options since they have a W series tied to my account.
I found out what I did wrong. My subscription lapsed last week, so they did not give me any account based options, and of the many selections possible, I chose the non-waas option page. When I select the correct option page, I get the correct (waas) options. :oops:

Jeppesen's site is horrible to navigate, which is odd considering they specialize in navigation.

i was thinking the same thing

This is just a rant because I can't get in touch with Jeppesen.

After finally finding the correct product and putting it in my shopping cart, I tried to pay. All morning it said my card was declined. (I have about $30k available credit on it). All morning "chat" was unavailable and when I called them they said my expected hold time was 64 minutes.I gave up for a while and used the card in several places with no problem.

They have not replied to any of my emails. Now, I am again trying to pay for my subscription but the "purchase" button is grayed out and won't eve let me submit so they can decline it again. Maybe I'll check into Garmin. I heard they were offering nav data now.

I was going to renew at sun n fun,but for two days their computers where down. Also they whereonly giving one free month to renew at the show.

Back