Jeppesen Distribution Manager - OS Upgrade Needed

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I’m just cranky. Jepp is requiring an upgrade to the newer version of their JDM software before I can download the next NavData update. Problem is, that requires an update to our household computer OSs. Multiple Macs and PCs. Just a weak rant.

Don’t worry, when you break down and do that half your updates won’t be on the JDM app. You’ll call and hold forever, they won’t fix it. You’ll do their chat. They will claim it’s fixed. Next update still jacked. Then you’ll see your CC statement and realize they charged you 50-100 more than you signed up for. Then you’ll get the next update to realize it’s still jacked. THEN you can give your full rant after hours of life wasted. I seriously would pay double to not deal with them.

Software updates are a pain, but Jepp has resolved things rather quickly the few times I needed them to.

I just got over my cranky with Jepp. It only cost $250 to purchase a Bad Elf Wombat so that JDM Mobile could write my old 430/530 Nav data cards from an iPad. Arrrgh.

Having acquired a new iPad Pro for the cockpit to run ForeFlight I noted that the USB 3 port could read and write USB cards with the proper plug adaptor. I also noted that JDM mobile would run on IOS systems and update Navdata cards.

So now I should be able to plug my Navdata card into my Skybound adaptor and plug Skybound directly into my iPad for Jepp updates! Yay! No more pulling cards out of the plane, taking them home (or into an FBO) where I could get on a Windows PC for updates.

Nope! Doing that requires the newest gimcrack, the Bad Elf Wombat.
https://bad-elf.com/pages/wombat-piston
Instead of simply plugging into the iPad I now have a device that will setup a local WiFi network for my iPad to join for downloads. Whoop F**king Pee.

But with that move made, I’m now ready to do Navdata updates to whatever $$$ Garmin navigator I upgrade my panel with. And with side benefit that my Bad Elf Wombat can be used to charge my phones or iPad. Whoop F**king Pee!!

Thanks for the opportunity to unload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back