Jeppesen and Windows 7/64

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
It's getting to be time for a new laptop. Almost everything I do these days is cross platform except for Jeppesen stuff.

I'm thinking of a ThinkPad T510 running Win 7 Pro 64.

Does anyone have experience running FliteStar, JeppView, JSUM on this platform? To a lesser extent I also get FliteDeck in this bundle but that's a toy at this point.

I'm already a bit over budget so I doubt a MacBook (with VMWare and Win7) is in the running. I did price one when I started looking a month ago. I'm not in a hurry, current laptop is working.

Joe

It's getting to be time for a new laptop. Almost everything I do these days is cross platform except for Jeppesen stuff.

I'm thinking of a ThinkPad T510 running Win 7 Pro 64.

Does anyone have experience running FliteStar, JeppView, JSUM on this platform? To a lesser extent I also get FliteDeck in this bundle but that's a toy at this point.

I'm already a bit over budget so I doubt a MacBook (with VMWare and Win7) is in the running. I did price one when I started looking a month ago. I'm not in a hurry, current laptop is working.

Joe
I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit on my new (HP) laptop. So far the only compatibility problems I've had are:

No driver for my HP 1012 laser printer
JPI's EzSave won't run native
A PLC programming tool I have won't run native.

Both problem applications work fine in the XP virtual PC that comes with Win7 Pro and to be fair the PLC tool had problems with XP if the installed memory was greater than half a GB.

RMS Flitesoft, JSUM, Flitedeck all work fine for me in native Win7. I used to use FliteStar but switched to RMS several years ago so I can't say for certain but I would expect it to be OK on Win7.

Thanks gentlemen!

I'm starting with 4GB and want to go aftermarket 8 so it's good to know I can do the 64bit version.

Back