Jepp plates updates?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I just saw the Jepp updates on their CD Rom Product ( a friend was showing me how much easier it is than the paper subscription, boy is he right) anyway I was looking at an Updated chart for KPNE ILS 24. The table of contents on the revision list indicates wether a plate has either been Added, Revised or Deleted.
The plate for PNE ILS 24 says REV. The ILS 24 @ PNE is a highly used practice approach around here. I looked in the lower left where it states changes made and it said " None".
I thought the plate may have been printed on the back of the Aiport plate that was changed to add a new taxiway and thats why it was inclued. But remember this is on CD not paper, besides the table of contents in the Revision section indicated that there was a revision. Any thoughts on this?:dunno:

My guess is that they share the same Jepp number 21-1, so even though on CD they are separate pages the product treats them the same.

jdwatson said:
My guess is that they share the same Jepp number 21-1, so even though on CD they are separate pages the product treats them the same.

I wouldn't be surprised that you are correct, and furthermore that it goes beyond plate # assignment. I would speculate that the CD-ROM version Jepp product is linked to the Jepp printed version via printed page (two-sided). IOW, the Add/Delete/Revised notations apply to the two-sided page whether the product be printed or CD-ROM, not the individual diagram/procedure, regardless of whether or not the diagrams on front/back of an individual page share the same plate # assignment.

Dr. C,
I made the switch to JeppView from paper (East Coast). Very slick. I'm still getting used to it. The internet updates are very nice. I wish you could use airway designations in the routings. I'd love to cut and paste from the AOPA Planner.

jdwatson said:
Dr. C,
I made the switch to JeppView from paper (East Coast). Very slick. I'm still getting used to it. The internet updates are very nice. I wish you could use airway designations in the routings. I'd love to cut and paste from the AOPA Planner.
It's expensive but I can't go back :)

Back