Tanille DeLair

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tanille
New to me project: updating Garmin GNS430 Non Waas data card. Ive got a macbook pro, USBC to Jeppesen chart reader with a Garmin green card in the reader. What could go wrong? So I paid Jepp the required 420$. The website looks like it was set up in 1996. Any tips on this before I start?

I had the same 430/MacBook Pro setup before upgrading GPS’s. No real tips. Login to the Jepp program (think 1996 may be generous), download the databases to the 430 card, once completed plug the card in the GPS and startup. :)

The awful web interfaces Jep has are probably the biggest reason I have completely gone to Garmin data for my cards, even though it means I don't get Jep charts in my panel (I have them on my iPad, so I can still read them). I dislike the government chart format, but the Garmin data is just a better deal and much easier to interface with.

Hmn, the updated seemed outdated before it even began, and I now have 3 dif login setups with Jep (?) but it was quick and painless.

To upstate the ancient memory device for my KLN94 I had to get an ancient PC that ran an ancient version of Windows in order to get the upload software (which isn't supported by Bendix King at all). There is something to be said for more up to date avionics.

Back