Jensen's Pilot Judgment and Crew Resource Management

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
I'm trying to find a home for a college book, Pilot Judgment and Crew Resource Management by Richard Jensen. This is a well thought out explanation on pilot judgment, its characteristics, risk management, and other topics. It's in very good condition with no bent or missing pages. Considering Barns and Noble sell it new for around $139, I'd be willing to part with it for $85 (shipping included in price).

Let me know if you're interested

Tristan

Thought you were talking about me for a brief second. :) Still gouging for text books aren't they?

Yea its pretty bad, I'll have a bunch more to get rid of by the end of the semester. Most they may not take back or I'll bubble gum money for.

Just curious, what are other sources offering for buy back?

I'd love to collect such books but I'm in no shape and I've already got more than I can read!

So how did that CRM class go? Curious minds want to know. :)

Just curious, what are other sources offering for buy back?

I'd love to collect such books but I'm in no shape and I've already got more than I can read!
I'm sure you can find many places on the internet.

So how did that CRM class go? Curious minds want to know. :)
The class itself was mainly theory, I still don't know how to actually do CRM. We have 10 hours of sim time we're supposed to do before we get full credit for the class but the sim has broke many times and its difficult getting your "co-pilot," the simtech (guy to run the simulator) as well as the simulator's schedule itself on the same hour. Supposedly thats where we learn for ourselves how to work together.

but the sim has broke many times
Gives you a chance to simulate writing up maintenance discrepancies. :)

Supposedly thats where we learn for ourselves how to work together.
I was just curious if you had managed to survive 10 hours in a sim without strangling each other. :D

I think it's an interesting and different experience learning how to work as a crew when you used to working as a single pilot, especially when both of you are used to working as single pilots. Ultimately, though, I adapted and now I enjoy working as part of a crew. I have seen what bad CRM looks like, though, especially in school where your sim partner is often someone not from your company, who you have never met before, and may have completely different ideas about how to go about things.

I'm sure you can find many places on the internet.
I looked around. You're within ten bucks of what's being offered on Amazon and others but there doesn't seem to be a demand. Amazon had a used version for $76. Abebooks had it used for $153. The couple reviews I found spoke very well of it as a resource.

The sad thing is, none of the online book buyback sources are taking the book. I can't even find it in required books at UND or ER.

I got stuck with a few text books from when I was in college. A couple were bought new. It bites. I hope you find a means to get something out of it.

itll keep you warm some cold night when you are a CFI.

I looked around. You're within ten bucks of what's being offered on Amazon and others but there doesn't seem to be a demand. Amazon had a used version for $76. Abebooks had it used for $153. The couple reviews I found spoke very well of it as a resource.

The sad thing is, none of the online book buyback sources are taking the book. I can't even find it in required books at UND or ER.

I got stuck with a few text books from when I was in college. A couple were bought new. It bites. I hope you find a means to get something out of it.
I actually got mine online too, they're tricky to find. $76 isn't too bad but you can't forget shipping costs. If I understand right, those places have some standard shipping deal too. I'm paying for the distance and weight of the book to be shipped.

When this semester is over, I might want to get rid of "Aviation Safety by Shari Stamford Krause" and "The Limits of Expertise by R Dismukes, Benjamin Berman, and Loukia Loukopoulos" The Limits of expertise included really good explanations of accidents and what the investigators found. We had to do book reports on individual cases. Its incredible how simple human errors can cause so much. It makes you think twice on some things. According to my teacher, the authors are pretty well known and skilled in their areas. Think I've even mentioned one of the cases on here, "Air Transport International 805" where the captain had been harshly criticizing the co-pilot during an approach, took over the airplane after a go around and loss situational awareness. By the time the co-pilot had built up enough guts after being criticized, the aircraft was already in an unusual attitude close to the ground and it was too late. There's other cases concerning automation and problems such as "heads down time" where no one is looking outside, distracting lights in the cockpit, and pilots just not paying attention (yes, it happens to everyone, even the airline captains). The Aircraft safety book has some similar cases as well. Its great for those who like to learn from others mistakes and also providing a little needed humility to those who may think "it won't happen to me."

Last edited:
Thought you were talking about me for a brief second. :) Still gouging for text books aren't they?

Ugh. Worst part of college if you ask me.

Well, there's others I guess, but... It's just wrong to have to spend $500/semester or more on books. Then there was the semester where books for four classes cost nearly $600 and at the end of the semester they offered me a whopping 75 cents for one of them, and 25 cents for another. I told them I'd just burn the damn things, I'd get more than that much heat out of them. :mad:

BTW Tris, love the avatar! :yes:

Text books have become a product for a captured audience. It gets worse when some instructors/professors get kickbacks for requiring a particular publisher's book. When you see a book that's rarely used, it makes you wonder... what was the true basis for deciding to choose that book?

Ugh. Worst part of college if you ask me.

Well, there's others I guess, but... It's just wrong to have to spend $500/semester or more on books. Then there was the semester where books for four classes cost nearly $600 and at the end of the semester they offered me a whopping 75 cents for one of them, and 25 cents for another. I told them I'd just burn the damn things, I'd get more than that much heat out of them. :mad:

BTW Tris, love the avatar! :yes:
Aint that the truth!

BTW, I drew the avatar. :D

I thought your avatar was Bill the Cat, but you're probably a little young to remember him.

CRM - speak your mind, share the duties.

I take cash or credit for my one sentence book.

Back