Jekyll Island

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
Ya'll should go if you're in flying distance. Wife and I are spending the weekend down here. It's nice.

That is where the federal reserve was conceived in 1913.

Want a scary read? Try "The Creature From Jekyll Island" !

Jekyll is one of my favorite fly-in destinations. Easy in and out of the airport, but unfortunately they don't have fuel. St. Simons just north of Jekyll is pretty neat too and a good place to fuel if needed. Enjoy! Did you rent a red bug car? They are fun for touring the island.

There was a Diamond fly in there a few years ago and we had a good time. We rented bikes and that was fine as the island is not too big.

Jekyll is one of my favorite fly-in destinations. Easy in and out of the airport, but unfortunately they don't have fuel. St. Simons just north of Jekyll is pretty neat too and a good place to fuel if needed. Enjoy! Did you rent a red bug car? They are fun for touring the island.

Yep, we got a red bug. 09J is only 90NM from my home drome so no need for fuel. I typically go to SSI since they have a free car but the red bug is nice.

I use st Simons going up and down the coast ,as I can walk to the Hampton,have flown into Jekyll several times and like the Island.

Jekyll Island was our first family trip in the Baron this weekend last year. Great vacation spot, although we could see why the rich and famous used it as their winter vacation spot. If was a bit hot and humid.

Gators and water fowl like the runway though...

Jekyll and St. Simons are indeed both pretty casual spots. Enjoyed them both when I worked in Ga.

Back