JeffDG - Are You Watching "Manhattan"?

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Just curious if anyone is watching this series on WGN, I think. I find it fascinating, though some of the side stories are distracting from the project IMO. Most recently, two scientists from Los Alamos went to Oak Ridge to supervise the reactor going live for the first time.

Interesting stuff.

I watch it, but am far more interested in the technical side of things than the side stories.

I'm afraid it's going to devolve into just a bunch of side stories about "who's sleeping with whom" and if it does, I'll lose interest and not bother to DVR it anymore.

I watch it, but am far more interested in the technical side of things than the side stories.

I'm afraid it's going to devolve into just a bunch of side stories about "who's sleeping with whom" and if it does, I'll lose interest and not bother to DVR it anymore.

Please get The making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. It does have a fair amount of history of the people involved, but also plenty of science, while not being too complex on the high energy physics. A fascinating history of the job.

I agree completely.

Back