Jay & Mary Honeck's next airplane?

Neal Howard

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Neal@F14
Jay,

I think y'all really need one of these. Forget that RV-6.

Pic1
img4892un.jpg

Pic2
img4895z.jpg

Pic3
img4898l.jpg

Yeah, that'll be toasty warm in Texas in July.

:)

I'd take side by side thankyouverymuch

It's not really all that bad. Especially when you get up to altitude, and it'll get there quick!

I just flew it back home from Oshkosh yesterday afternoon, came back at 10,500 MSL where it was nice and cool, using only 7.4 GPH LOP and still making 160 kts over the ground. Waited as long as possible to descend for landing, and after I landed it was still cool inside the plane until I slid the canopy open while taxiing to the ramp and was hit by the 106 degree blast furnace heat.

I thought I'd rather have a side by side too, until after I've been flying the -8 for a year, now I like it much better. It's roomier inside than a -6 and will haul more baggage too. Flying sitting on the centerline, with the stick in your right hand and throttle in your left is the way it's meant to be :yesnod:

are you married? have a girlfriend? do they fly with you?

i flew to 6Y9 in a 7ECA Citabria with leah once. it was a long slow trip. She didn't really enjoy looking at the back of my head as much as she enjoys looking out the window in everything else we had flown and have flown since.

I'm single, and almost always fly solo, but occasionally fly with passengers.

The visibility out of the canopy of an RV-8 is absolutely superb, even from the back seat, completely unlike a non-canopy, highwing tandem aircraft like a Citabria or Cub/SuperCub, etc. The amount of "elbow room" in the rear seat of the RV-8 is also better than the side-by-side RV6/7/9 models... I've flown in 6's and 7's with two aboard and unless both occupants are skinny, it's a bit on the "cozy" side.

I remember the craft when you brought it to Walt's fly-in last year and once up at Ceder Mills. It's a pretty one for sure!!! Let me know when you're down my way and I'll split some fuel costs for a ride.

Back