Jay in the Path!

Goofy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Goofy
Sure don't envy you Jay. Hope all comes through OK. Best wishes!!

Jay and Mary Honeck live and operate a motel on the Texas coast which is where Hurricane Harvey is heading.

Just sent a text to my buddy who is the airport manager at Rockport (KRKP) telling him to not let Harvey bend him over and have his way with him. His response:

"Well, I may not have an airport or a house afterward but we are planning our evacuation now."

We had the remains of a hurricane run through my little one-horse town. If I had one of those monsters headed my way I'd be a refugee. I own nothing worth facing one of those things. I hope Jay and Mary point that slick RV of theirs in the opposite direction and get the hell out of the way. They would be welcome guests at the Steinholme any day.

Last edited:
If Jay & Mary take off in the RV, who will save the Pontiac?
All kidding aside, if you need to go, get out while you can. Hope everything goes well.

If Jay & Mary take off in the RV, who will save the Pontiac?
All kidding aside, if you need to go, get out while you can. Hope everything goes well.

The Pontiac is up on the lift, he's sacrificing the El Camino and maybe the plane.

Last Margy heard Jay was planning to fly the RV out while Mary took the car with the dogs and the daughter helped a couple of the employees evacuate as well. Alas, the bad news is that I believe Jay and Mary were planning to be on vacation (don't know if they flew the RV) and may not be in town to batten down/evacuate.

Good luck Jay,hope the storm changes course. Will be thinking of you and Mary,stay safe.

There's another thread going on this, and Jay says they're all safe and stuff can be replaced.

Galveston took a beating last time and lost a lot of antique aircraft that weren't moved ... I hope they did this time.

A bit of a corsswind right now:

KRAS 252055Z AUTO 35045G56KT 1/2SM RA OVC007 24/24 A2927 RMK AO2 P0085 60217 T02400236

Conditions at:
KRAS (PORT ARANSAS , TX, US) observed 2055 UTC 25 August 2017

Temperature:
24.0°C (75°F)
Dewpoint: 23.6°C (74°F) [RH = 98%]
Pressure (altimeter): 29.27 inches Hg (991.3 mb)
Winds: from the N (350 degrees) at 52 MPH (45 knots; 23.4 m/s)
gusting to 64 MPH (56 knots; 29.1 m/s)
Visibility: 0.50 miles (0.80 km)
Ceiling: 700 feet AGL
Clouds: overcast cloud deck at 700 feet AGL
Weather: RA (rain)

Back