Jane Austin Fans take note!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
If anyone is a fan of Jane Austen, Masterpiece Theater will be doing a 4-month series " The Complete Jane Austen," from Jan. - April of 2008. They will show the A&E versions of "Pride & Prejudice" (with Colin Firth) and "Emma" (with Kate Beckinsale), along with brand new versions of "Mansfield Park," "Sense & Sensibility," "Persuasion," and "Northanger Abby," and a biographical film about Jane Austen's life.

For more information, go to: http://pressroom.pbs.org/documents/masterpiece_theatre_complete_jane_austen_rls.

If anyone is a fan of Jane Austen, Masterpiece Theater will be doing a 4-month series " The Complete Jane Austen," from Jan. - April of 2008. They will show the A&E versions of "Pride & Prejudice" (with Colin Firth) and "Emma" (with Kate Beckinsale), along with brand new versions of "Mansfield Park," "Sense & Sensibility," "Persuasion," and "Northanger Abby," and a biographical film about Jane Austen's life.

For more information, go to: http://pressroom.pbs.org/documents/masterpiece_theatre_complete_jane_austen_rls.

Thanks Scott! We are, and we'll set it up to tape. I took my wife to Lyme Park in Disley, UK, which was "Pemberley", Darcy's estate in Pride and Prejudice, for our 10th wedding anniversary. She's got pictures of me running down the stairs like Darcy was when Elizabeth showed up...

Thanks Scott! We are, and we'll set it up to tape. I took my wife to Lyme Park in Disley, UK, which was "Pemberley", Darcy's estate in Pride and Prejudice, for our 10th wedding anniversary. She's got pictures of me running down the stairs like Darcy was when Elizabeth showed up...
She did not make you dive into the pond out front did she?

That is pretty cool. A friend of mine lived in a manor home that was very similar to that one. A lot of those manor homes have been converted into multi-flats for people and he rented one. Must have been amazing to live in them back then.

I HOPE this does go further. I love Jane Austin I have read all of her books but Mansfield Park and Northanger Abby. Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite book EVER. Elizabeth Bennett is the best character ever written as well.

Thanks for the heads up. This will be so much better than watching them on A&E directly (with all of the commercials) and a lot cheaper than buying the DVDs (ConUS Challenge has depleted the disposal income). I'll just have to remember to program the TiVo in January.

I think it's way cool that I'm the first female posting on this thread. Who knew so many guys loved Jane!

I think it's way cool that I'm the first female posting on this thread. Who knew so many guys loved Jane!
It's part of Scott's transition. He's moving forward from a life as a metrosexual.

:D

I'm only familiar with Pride and Prejudice. This will give me a chance to familiarize myself with her other works.

Back