Jacksonville area hotels

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
I have a wedding to go to in September. All the reviews I've read for hotels (in my price range - under a $100/night) have hideous and excellent reviews for the same hotel. Anyone recommend somewhere good? The bride recommends the Hilton Garden Inn. My MIL is staying at Best Western (because it's cheap and she likes "Best Western" - which have the worst reviews ie cockroaches)

Looking for help!

I assume you are talking about Jacksonville, FL. Where is the wedding to be held at (at least an area of town) and how close, or far, are you wanting to be from the venue?

Wedding is in Orange Park, FL. I'd like to be in that part of town so I don't have to drive an hour back to the hotel but presumably we'll be flying down there via GA. I just was hoping someone in that part of town could confirm/deny the reports of good/bad part of Orange Park. (Sure there are bad parts to every town but I don't need to see "ladies of the night" hanging around outside where I'm sleeping)

Not sure where you'll be flying from, and I can't help with the hotel recommendation in Jax, but if you happen to pass through Savannah on your way down and stop, lunch is on me!

Not sure where you'll be flying from, and I can't help with the hotel recommendation in Jax, but if you happen to pass through Savannah on your way down and stop, lunch is on me!
Wow that's generous of you! I'll let you know.

Last edited:
I like to look up places on TripAdvisor, for number of reviews, for consistency, final score, etc, it never failed me in my selections.
Comfort Inn Orange Park looks very good and is significantly below your $100.

There used to be a pretty nice Holiday Inn that I would occasionally stay at out that way. I'm not sure if it is still there, as I usually stay a bit more towards downtown now. I'll check it out in the next couple days and let you know.

TripAdvisor, in my experience, is very hit and miss on if the reviews are correct. Part of my job is booking hotels and I tend to use TripAdvisor a lot. La Quinta's, love them or hate them, tend to be fairly consistent and I do know that the LQ in Orange Park isn't terrible, from talking to my coworkers. I've never stayed at that specific location, but I have stayed at the one off Butler Blvd, and its a fine hotel.

Three weeks ago I flew into Jackonville and landed at Craig Field. They had a great FBO, and gave me a ride to the Hyatt on the river. The Hyatt is close to a bunch of restaurants, etc. hotel was nice, great location, good service. Both the Hyatt and Craig Field highly recommended.

I have a wedding to go to in September. All the reviews I've read for hotels (in my price range - under a $100/night) have hideous and excellent reviews for the same hotel. Anyone recommend somewhere good? The bride recommends the Hilton Garden Inn. My MIL is staying at Best Western (because it's cheap and she likes "Best Western" - which have the worst reviews ie cockroaches)

Looking for help!

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns on business trips - and tend to do so for personal travel as well. The HI on Southside Bl Jacksonville is one of the best run of that chain I have ever encountered (stayed there going both ways during my trip to Key West last winter).

Dave

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns on business trips - and tend to do so for personal travel as well. The HI on Southside Bl Jacksonville is one of the best run of that chain I have ever encountered (stayed there going both ways during my trip to Key West last winter).

Dave
Do you have an address?

Three weeks ago I flew into Jackonville and landed at Craig Field. They had a great FBO, and gave me a ride to the Hyatt on the river. The Hyatt is close to a bunch of restaurants, etc. hotel was nice, great location, good service. Both the Hyatt and Craig Field highly recommended.
Do you have an address of the one you stayed?We're planning on landing at Craig Field as well.

You might want to consider Herlong or Cecil Field as well. I believe both will be a bit closer to Orange Park. However, most times I fly down to Jax, I tend to stay in St. Augustine. You may want to take a look at that as well. They have great service and special crew rates at Hertz, which may help. Lot's of hotels in the Orange Park area should meet your needs.

Have fun!!

Do you have an address of the one you stayed?We're planning on landing at Craig Field as well.

It was the Hyatt Jacksonville, and it's the only one in town. Located on the river, and right near a downtown collection of bars and restaurants. Nice hotel, and again, FBO service was awesome at Craig.

Back