Jack Roush Hard Landing at KOSH

He probably saw you, got distracted, lost concentration...

AVWEB was reporting strong gusts at the time. But that will probably buff right out.
I wish him and his PAX a speedy recovery.

Holy wow...he DID break the damn thing in half!

Holy wow...he DID break the damn thing in half!

Local morning TV interview witn a fellow warbird pilot said he looked slow, wings were rocking, 'vertical' wing down contact with terra firma, cartwheel, wings pop off, fuse cracks. 'Full power' for two minutes post impact.

It is not known whether he had filed a flight plan or not. :wink2:

HOLY WOW! Can't wait to read the final NTSB report, speed management? Micro burst? That freaking hurts. Glad all will be ok.

You think if there had been a parrot there we would here an Aw **** somewhere? :D

How long will it take the NTSB to interview the 100.000+ eye witnesses?:wink2:

Jeez, if there had been a school nearby, and had school been in session, he might have hit the school and killed children! Those damn airplanes are so dangerous!!!!!!!

Glad he's ok. Pretty impressive testament to the integrity of the airframe to see him wobble out under his own power.

This is crash #2 - crash #1 was in an experimental, where he ended up upside down in a lake and was rescued by a Marine. Serious injuries there, and the Marine performed CPR in the water.

How would you like to be the insurance carrier on his P-51 Mustang today?

Just guessing here but maybe he was already getting out when the meat wagon got there

How did the Oshkosh responder know he didn't have a broken back so he could walk out?

The video I saw shows a firefighter spraying down the plane and then he goes to the door, the door pops open and Roush is there. He walked out and they immediately laid him out on a back board and strapped him in.

After living through 2 bad crashes, maybe he should hang it up while luck's still on his side.

[QUOTE= But that will probably buff right out.

Might take a dab of "super glue" also to do a good job!:fcross:

Friggin Cirrus pilots!!!

oh, wait....!

:ihih::D

Maybe if you're Jack Roush it's only an incident :D:dunno:

Does anyone know the actual criteria used for this distinction (accident v. incident). Several years ago we put an airplane in the Chesapeake Bay which totaled the aircraft and there was no accident. I remember something like that because the only damage was to the aircraft itself and there was no injuries or damage to other property, it was a non-issue incident. But, it would be interesting to know the exact criteria that is used.

its in NTSB Part 830 but dont tell the FSDO Inspector who filed an accident report for my non reportable incident.

Jack Roush, NASCAR crashes second plane

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/arti...Jack-Roush-injured-after-hard-landing-at-EAA-

This guy needs to be relieved of his flying privileges in my opinion. Second crash. Might be getting too old. But because he is rich, he will probably buy his way out of trouble.

"Too low and slow" according to the article. Basic flying skills were lacking in this one. A go around should have been performed.

A multi-million dollar aircraft destroyed because of a stupid, shoulda known better, mistake.

/rant off

What say you guys?

David

Re: Jack Roush, NASCAR crashes second plane

I say let the guy bust up his own airplane. I wouldn't judge any of this yet either. **** happens, I don't know the guy, I haven't flown with him, and I wasn't there.

This guy needs to be relieved of his flying privileges in my opinion.

The only problem with exceedingly harsh judgment is that ole' "There but for the grace of God.." thingy.

How many people have had more than one car accident?

Also, repost.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but having aspirations to fly that kind of hardware some day, I think he has no excuse unless there was a mechanical problem for what happened. Barring mechanical problems, I just can't see how this would happen to someone that is supposed to have the type training for the aircraft and in visual conditions.

The plane probably warned him and being too low in VFR conditions should be pretty obvious. It is to me being a CFI.

David

Last edited:

How many people have had more than one car accident?

Also, repost.

How many people have wrecked a multi-million dollar plane?

And tried to find it posted already, but did not.

David

Not saying he didn't screw up, but I'm not one to know if he did or not, nor is anyone on this board.

As Jesse said: don't know the guy, haven't flown with him, wasn't there.

The post is in the AirVenture folder in "Cool Places to Fly"

If he passes his 709 ride he is good to go. Same standard as the rest of us. Lay off on the jealousy, just because someone has more doesn't mean you have any less. :goofy:

If he passes his 709 ride he is good to go. Same standard as the rest of us. Lay off on the jealousy, just because someone has more doesn't mean you have any less. :goofy:
Lost my CFI job 1.5 years ago, can't afford to exercise my flying privileges to stay current to get another CFI job, so must have less. The economy has hurt some much more than others.

Hmmm

Lost my CFI job 1.5 years ago, can't afford to exercise my flying privileges to stay current to get another CFI job, so must have less. The economy has hurt some much more than others.

Hmmm
Can't afford a real simple Craigslist add to get some business as an independent CFI?

Ryan

Back