iTunes music/apps/video deletion?

Dragan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
iB52
One day I was on my mac school laptop and wanted to listen to music. I opened iTunes and nothing was there.:frown3::yikes:

So I'm wondering, is there a way to get your iPod to put the music onto your computer when synced instead of your computer giving your iPod the music, apps, and movies?:confused:

Not without getting a third party application.

The songs wouldn't play on your school computer anyway .. at least with the older DRM'd songs. You can only authorize 5 computers and your school's ain't gonna be one.

Just listen to your iPod.

One day I was on my mac school laptop and wanted to listen to music. I opened iTunes and nothing was there.:frown3::yikes:

So I'm wondering, is there a way to get your iPod to put the music onto your computer when synced instead of your computer giving your iPod the music, apps, and movies?:confused:

Of course you can. You just have to be willing to use one of your authorizations for the computer you're talking about. Go on the Apple web site under iPod Support and there is a specific set of instructions there on how to do exactly what you're asking.

Of course you can. You just have to be willing to use one of your authorizations for the computer you're talking about. Go on the Apple web site under iPod Support and there is a specific set of instructions there on how to do exactly what you're asking.

You can deauthorize it afterwards.

I was just imagining that this was one random computer in a school lab, where that would be painful.

I believe the above to be Tommy -- in that case -- the laptop is one that he carries with him all the time. Therefore, authorizing it is logical.

http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/ will probably do what you want. I'm not sure if it'll transfer apps though. The 30 day trial is full-version for those 30 days so it should work for you.

As far as all of it disappearing from your Mac..that is very odd.. Did you delete/re-create your user on the laptop? Any chance your school deleted all of it?

Jesse, it is his school laptop (the one we pay $700.00 to use for nine months!), and they reserve the right to remote in and do stuff anytime they like; it looks like they did that.

Would have been nice if they had told him, first.

Will Senuti work to xfer his music iPod to PC? We do not have a home mac.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I now have gotten a new PC since the original post, and NOW need to know of a way to get things on my iPod since it was used to syncing with my old school laptop.... this being said, yes, I do have a few things I bought on this PC and now want on my iPod.... can anything be done in this case?

I actually have 3 computers authorized for my iphone and the easiest way I've found to copy music, videos, etc, without a 3rd party app is to put the itunes folder on a portable hard drive. I've actually transferred all my music and videos that way. And by copying the itunes folder, it even copied my application settings - which I actually didn't expect it to. So far it's worked for me, just my 2 cents.

The just announced iTunes 9.0 and iPod OS 3.1 has a share feature that will share with 5 devices.

Last edited:
This is only for DRMed tunes, right? My iPod won't do this for all of my songs should the same happen, right?

Back