itunes, ipod nano, quicktime, video

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
well i downloaded a couple podcast videos onto itunes. attempting to play them was interesting. trying to get the latest video from On the Flight Line to play wasnt working in itunes or quicktime, but would play in quicktime in firefox. and it wouldnt download onto my new ipod nano. its an .mp4 file.

another video is a .m4v file and doesnt play in itunes/quicktime either but does download and play on the ipod.

other on the flight line videos are .m4v files and play in itunes/quicktime and my ipod.

well i downloaded a couple podcast videos onto itunes. attempting to play them was interesting. trying to get the latest video from On the Flight Line to play wasnt working in itunes or quicktime, but would play in quicktime in firefox. and it wouldnt download onto my new ipod nano. its an .mp4 file.

another video is a .m4v file and doesnt play in itunes/quicktime either but does download and play on the ipod.

other on the flight line videos are .m4v files and play in itunes/quicktime and my ipod.

Have you updated iTunes or QuickTime since you got the fat nano? I'd suggest an update/reinstall of both to start with, since theoretically anything that plays on your iPod *should* play in iTunes and vice versa. Something ain't right.

according to apple software update, my software is up to date. i reinstalled quicktime at least one time this afternoon

and Jason's latest vidcast, the B-17 one, is the only video ive managed to get to not download so far. all others have worked on the ipod. and im fairly impressed at the video quality and resolution on the nano!

Tony, all of the OTFL vidcasts have played just fine on my iTunes - I don't have an i-anything else because iMpoor. Although, the other half's father just picked up an iTouch and I'm pretty sure that just made my Christmas wish-list :).

hmmmm well maybe ill have to try restarting my computer and reloading itunes and redownloading those videos. and if that all doesnt work maybe ill just have to buy a mac ;)

Back