It's the little things

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
That Pizz you off, like being three clips short of a full wing. on a big holiday weekend.

Oh Well, we still have other stuff to keep busy.

But still, I could have finished the last wing today.

on order at AS&S they got mailed yesterday. yes that surprised me too.

Brings to question, how many of these things do you think would get stolen?

True! Or how many do you think will have accidents like battery-shorts, wind blowing them into objects, or hit an unmapped obstruction like a power lines or low hanging branch. Or bird strikes? Imagine the litigation on these things...Also think of the nuts running into them for insurance payouts? Shoot, there are enough of those whack-jobs to fill the Amazon lawyer's docket for years!

I'm very familiar with the military versions of the inner-urban UAVs...I'm having a hard time imagining the cost effectiveness for Amazon.

Pure PR hype to me.

Then again...opening up a MRO for UAVs may be big business in the future :)

That Pizz you off, like being three clips short of a full wing. on a big holiday weekend.

You've got that right. I need a $1.29 anti-rotation tab for the spring that holds the pushrod tubes in place on a Lycoming. The sources nearby have a $50 minimum order, and the sources that will sell me one of 'em, have a 10 day lead time.

You've got that right. I need a $1.29 anti-rotation tab for the spring that holds the pushrod tubes in place on a Lycoming. The sources nearby have a $50 minimum order, and the sources that will sell me one of 'em, have a 10 day lead time.

My Lycoming parts dealer will sell me any part on their shelf over night at the regular price.

Beware the shipping. it can be more than the part.

My Lycoming parts dealer will sell me any part on their shelf over night at the regular price.

Beware the shipping. it can be more than the part.

Of course he will. You've established a relationship and are a volume buyer. I, on the other hand, average buying <$5/yr of Lycoming parts. In 13 years, I think I've needed 2 oil return tubes and an anti rotation tab.

Of course he will. You've established a relationship and are a volume buyer. I, on the other hand, average buying <$5/yr of Lycoming parts. In 13 years, I think I've needed 2 oil return tubes and an anti rotation tab.
I'm not a volume buyer of Lycoming parts. I have established a relationship, but it is not a very good one.

Back