It's that time of year again...

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
Earlier today, while walking the dog, some guy on a noisy ATV came out of a neighborhood, hauling a** down the street, no helmet on, big grin on his face. He waved as he went buy, I waved back, and I just started laughing. What he was doing wasn't really legal, ATVs aren't street legal, and he really should have had a helmet on, and I kind of think he was going too fast for conditions, the roads were damp and I'm guessing he wouldn't have gotten all that good of stopping power if a car pulled out in front of him. But, he really was only endangering himself, and dayum he was having fun.

That's when I realized he's one of us, doing goofy stuff just for giggles. It's what makes us run off the sides of a mountain wearing a delta kite, or spend years building an airplane, or go race cars for nothing more than a trophy. Yeah, there's some risk involved, but life just wouldn't be the same without it.

So here's to you all, keep 'em flying and whatever else you do to keep life interesting. Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving, a happy Hanukkah, a festive Festivus, and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and most of all, have a cheery Toyotathon!

Capture1.jpg

I kept reading right to the end because I wasn't sure how you were going to justify the obligatory babe pic for mscard and eman...

I'd put the 'Yo' in her ToYota............

I actually don't get that, but I'm stickin with it.

I kept reading right to the end because I wasn't sure how you were going to justify the obligatory babe pic for mscard and eman...

Huh. Is that what he was doing? Could've fooled me. :D

Is it me or does her neck look odd, just above the collar bone. Still with the lights out...

Is it me or does her neck look odd, just above the collar bone. Still with the lights out...

Ya got something against long, high capacity necks? Her, I think she's been around the block a few times. :goofy::happydance:

Hmm, I wasn't thinking of that, just couldn't include a Toyotathon reference without a picture of Jan.

I watched a kid eat it on a huge trike on the beach a few decades back when they still sold the things. I thought he'd died. I really did. Apparently Odin really liked the kid, because he walked away. $h!ts and grins are fine, but a few safety precautions can make the day way better for those you might leave behind.

Back