It's that time again Midwesterners

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
March 19th. Lunch. I'd say we try MIE again, but every time we attempt that place the weather says no. I'm open to just about anywhere my side of the Ohio River.

Suggestions?

New Mexico is a bit far for lunch - but I have overnighted in Farmington. ;)

I'd definitely try to make it. I think I'll be officially single by then...we can really party!

Oh wait...I'll still need to fly home.

EYE would be closer for me but MIE might be a nice change of pace. What's there?

I'd definitely try to make it. I think I'll be officially single by then...we can really party!

Oh wait...I'll still need to fly home.

EYE would be closer for me but MIE might be a nice change of pace. What's there?

An airport, but that's not important right now. o_O

Argh... I'll need to be landing back at home by 2:00pm eastern

Already been booked by the spousal unit to take our crazy dog to the vet at 2:30, which makes MIE a no-go for me. I might be able to make it, were it scheduled for KEYE. But then again, maybe not.

I have a college reunion in Delaware that evening, but might be able to make it if it's early enough, or the following weekend...

We are trying to make it - if the Lady is ready to fly again (she is currently performing her annual)...

Does the 26th work better for everyone then?

We will be in NC... By the way - that is the Easter weekend...

What About April 2nd? That would give everyone more time to plan/make up excuses to not come lol

We should try a midwest fly-in, like, actually in the center-ish of the midwest. Not on an extreme edge that makes it rather far for those of us on the other edge :)

We'll be pointed west on the 26th, if we're not already to the west coast by then. 19th should be doable.

I'd love to check out someplace new... Been to MIE (though maybe the restaurant has changed again?), I've flown to EYE but not eaten there. Love the little mexican joint at 05C, but don't know if they're open for lunch. What other options are there?

I plan on being in Jesse's definition of the Midwest on the 2nd. The title really should have said Great Lakers

Last edited:
Way too far east of the Mississippi River for me.

Hangar Five has a great breakfast. Never been there for lunch.

We are a maybe... Plane and weather permitting... :(

I'm heading from Chicago (UGN) to Missouri(OZS) that day. Weather permitting I'm in. It's not too far out of the way. :)

Last edited:
Who is in? No offense, but if it's just 2-3 planes, we can find something more central for those 2-3 planes.
Also, looks like rain/snow mix for that area on Saturday, so this might be a no go anyway.

Looks like the Lady is ready to fly. :) If there is not something totally unaccounted of we are in. Our home base is 1D2 (Mettetal, MI).

I'm still in...weather permitting, but it doesn't look real promising.

Light rain, snow, clouds forecast over my entire route. Bummer...

...I think not!

I'll be overseeding and fertilizing my yard.

Yeah, looks like a scratch.

Indy, Louisville, and Cincinnati are all going to be crap, and Columbus is inside that triangle.

Light rain, snow, clouds forecast over my entire route. Bummer...

...I think not!

I'll be overseeding and fertilizing my yard.

Looks like I missed my first opportunity to overseed with wild grass seed from the conservation district...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458320801.963646.jpg

Back