It's only money....

something not quite right on that story. aircraft scrap is more valuable about that. Especially if you're able to sort it out and sell it as "clean" aluminum. Plus all that copper wire.

I sold off 30 car hulls recent to my scrapper and got nearly $7,500. And dirty steel like that doesn't bring anywhere near what aluminum does.

People show up at flyins with all kinds of gas hogs. They make good money and many can find a way to write it off. More power to em. ( I'm on the wrong site, sorry about that) as for blowing taxpayers money, try the F 35 or the 800 million dollar embassy in Iraq for starters.

Last edited:
Why not ship them back to the states. No accountability,the taxpayers have plenty of money.

It don't take brains to spend other people's money. :no:

Oh yes it does, you have to provide results for the people you are spending it to benefit. I spend millions of dollars of other people's money every year, sometimes in one day; I achieve results they appreciate with it. What you aren't getting is that the Government does not spend money to benefit us necessarily, they are beholden to other interests. We are supposed to get the "trickle down".

something not quite right on that story. aircraft scrap is more valuable about that. Especially if you're able to sort it out and sell it as "clean" aluminum. Plus all that copper wire.

I sold off 30 car hulls recent to my scrapper and got nearly $7,500. And dirty steel like that doesn't bring anywhere near what aluminum does.

The funny thing about aircraft,the scrappers hate them. To get good money for the aluminum, you have to cut clean panels out from between the rivet lines.:dunno:

Back