Its here, its here!!!!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ahh....an exciting night!!

I got home from work tonight to see a letter from the FAA....a good one!

Inside is my brand new, shiny Private Pilot License!!!!

Its much prettier in person than it is in the pictures.

NickDBrennan said:

Prettiest part is your name in black print across the face.

Congratulations.

Kudos to you, Nick. (I thought it was never gonna get there !)

NickDBrennan said:

Congratulations, Sky Hog. You earned it. For me, the best part is, "No Limitations".

Of all the things in my wallet, it is the prettiest. It's probably the most expensive piece of plastic in it. Congrats!
Now the real question. While waiting for that, how many passengers and how many trips have you taken? Any place good?

NickDBrennan said:

Nick, congrats, that is a great thing to behold. I kept my old paper "temp" and am going to frame it with my solo shirt tale and hang it in the den. If someone asks, I'll just say, "That is my $5500 piece of artwork". :D

I never post, BUT- congratulations! Most Americans will never know the freedom you enjoy. The North American Hemisphere is your playground now.
Dave Rains
N8086T
El Paso

NickDBrennan said:

Congradulations! I know the feeling...

Worst part of waiting for mine was I was out of town the day it came in. I couldn't convince my mother to bring it with her to the airport when she picked me up.... I had to wait two days to see it and that last 20 min ride from the airport home was the worst!

Missa

W00t !!
Congrats Nick...now who are we gonna get to buy fuel???

silver-eagle said:
Of all the things in my wallet, it is the prettiest. It's probably the most expensive piece of plastic in it. Congrats!
Now the real question. While waiting for that, how many passengers and how many trips have you taken? Any place good?

Plastic? Your Pilots Licenses is plastic? Mines paper, am I supposed to get a new one or somethin?

The FAA was talking about replacing EVERYBODY's license (even those of us with the plastic one) with a photo license. They backed off when they realized how many of us there are.

If you get a new rating or certificate, you'll get the new plastic one. You can also pay $2 to replace your "lost" certificate to get the new one. It's the size of a credit card with stuff on the front and back.

I suspect that we'll all be moved to photo ID's that need to be renewed (take a new picture) every 10 years within the next year or two - to meet a Congressional mandate.

Henning said:
Plastic? Your Pilots Licenses is plastic? Mines paper, am I supposed to get a new one or somethin?

It's sure a lot prettier than paper. I don't reckon you'll be getting any new ratings anytime soon, so you'll have to either pony up $2, or wait for the FAA to decide to proceed with the photo license. Wonder how much we'll have to pay for that one?

Congrats, Nick! The memory is still fresh for me, so I know well how cool that particular piece of mail is!

Joe Williams said:
It's sure a lot prettier than paper. I don't reckon you'll be getting any new ratings anytime soon, so you'll have to either pony up $2, or wait for the FAA to decide to proceed with the photo license. Wonder how much we'll have to pay for that one?

Congrats, Nick! The memory is still fresh for me, so I know well how cool that particular piece of mail is!

You can avoid the $2 fee if your old paper license has your SSN as the license number and you ask them to replace it with a plastic license that has a different number....

Henning said:

A friend of mine who got his in 1956 was pi$$ed because his new plastic replacement (with the Wright Flyer on it, you've not seen them?) doesn't have his original issue date on it.

Sky Hog, congrats... but what was your date? I'm still waiting for mine :mad: and am starting to wonder what's up? My practical test was before yours (March 29th) so :dunno: . Maybe it's all those skeletons in the closet :p , perhaps lost in the mail? Maybe the DPE didn't turn it in as early as she should've? Maybe it's just that you live lots closer to Ok. City than me.... (runs to check mailbox again.... not delivered yet today :no: ).

So at what point do I contact someone? And who, certification, or the local FSDO?

Joe Williams said:
so I know well how cool that particular piece of mail is!

Actually, the coolest piece of mail I received was my special issuance. THAT was a happy day, I could become a pilot after all. After that, it was just perseverance.

Bill Jennings said:
Actually, the coolest piece of mail I received was my special issuance. THAT was a happy day, I could become a pilot after all. After that, it was just perseverance.

Yeah, you may be right. That thing took months to show up, all the while I was sitting there ready to finish my solo requirements and get my license. Lots of dual time that got more and more frustrating.

Back