It's Getting Easier!!

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
For the past month or so I've been trying to make it into as much bad weather as possible to get used to IMC. To make sure I don't kill myself I bring a friend along who has a whole **** ton of experience with this stuff. He doesn't touch anything unles he sees I'm going to get into trouble and so far he's only had to be a passenger. Okay..he had to help me copy a clearnce or two. :rolleyes: But for every tick of the hobbs I'm becoimg more comfortable in the soup and learn something new. This past week we went to KOXC and got about 1.5 of solid IMC. We shot an ILS and broke out at about 800' into the driving rain. The nor'easter really brought the green!! It was like landing on the planet of the apes. On the was back we busted back into the clouds on the 180* turn we were vectored on and didn't come out until a bit past the Hudson. Then it was MVFR, and finally VFR back home at CDW were we did a visual approach. Got to see a bit of a lot of different things!!

I got comfortable enough with the workload this time to take in some of the scenery and snap a picture or two when I wasn't glued to the instruments. It really was amazing!! Like learning how to fly again but only becasue the landscape is new. I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to. If youre on the fence about the IR, it's a lot of work but it's well worth it!

Last edited:
Yer a smart guy for doing that - I'm hoping to get into the IR training in a few weeks!! :)

What you're doing is excellent. I think every pilot should at least get some instrument training if not their instrument rating. Who hasn't been flying around when all of a sudden the weather goes to poop? Knowing how to fly instruments can no kidding save your life. Let us know how the rest of your training goes. :)

Here are some of those pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00400.jpg
    DSC00400.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00401.jpg
    DSC00401.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00414.jpg
    DSC00414.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00412.jpg