It's dead, Jim

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Well, the TKM slide-in replacement for the old Narco 12 finally gave up the ghost. Not feeling too bad, as I bought it used back in 2002 or so, had it repaired once since that time. Can't really afford to go GPS ($7K difference), so I'm thinking about the Garmin 225.(correction...255) I really want another SL30, but a used one is almost the same price as a new 225.

Anyone got a better suggestion?

Last edited:
I bought a Narco 12D/R in 1996. Had a few problems with it and Narco repaired it for $300. Not sure what I'm going to do when the 12D/R dies. I'll cross that bridge sooner or later.

I'm thinking about a FL-760 or other round radio to replace a dying KX170. I would take out one of the NAV indicators, the other connects to a 155 and I have a GPS. In the empty panel space where I take out the KX170, I'll mount my tablet.

I looked at the 125 years ago...not a good idea with polarized sun glasses. The 155 will work, tho.

Never had a problem. If the display goes on the 155, generally unrepairable. And the Garmin 225 is com only, btw.

Never had a problem. If the display goes on the 155, generally unrepairable. And the Garmin 225 is com only, btw.
I'm sure Murphey meant the 255 since that price is about the same as a used SL-30.

Back