I'ts already starting

old cfi

Pre-takeoff checklist
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Old CFI
Don't know why but it seems that during Sun n' Fun week there is a plane crash in FL. Severe storms in Marion County (Ocala) area this morning and an experimental crashed killing the pilot. No word on whether he was Lakeland bound but really wonder what he was doing in that area with that weather. No reports yet if he was local. Sad. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

I was flying around Deland about the same time and it wasn't fun. If you are flying in for the show, please be careful. It's still raining with embedded tstorms.

I would imagine the turnout will not be as good this year due to the weather. A buddy of mine canceled his trip this year because of it. :(

It's been one nasty CF after another the past few days around here.

I just flew WAY around the goup heading to MCO. Good luck Sun'N Funners!

Actually the weekend forecast is good. But this is Tuesday and we all know how accurate weather progs are!

Late report has the gentleman from out of state that departed Sebring this morning heading home. No connection to Sun n Fun.

Same with all the large biker rallies. There's always a few deaths whether going to, during the actual event, or coming from.

Yep. Daytona has their fair share every year.

Back